Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1996/1997 LS400 Instrument cluster part number question

I continue to have issues, and the speedometer is now the only gauge of the four that works consistently! I have found someone on eBay breaking a 1997 model which, if I understand correctly, is the same as a 1996 model. However, there is a slight difference in the second line of the part number, in that mine has 257410-1275 and the 1997 one has 257410-3260, Visually they look identical. 

I have checked a couple of parts websites but they were not helpful.

Does anyone happen to know if this difference is critical?

The seller only wants £55 including postage, so I'm tempted to take a punt anyway.

1997 could be MK3 or MKIV I think. I couldn't find any reference to the part numbers either, I presume they are for the complete cluster. I did find a sold item on eBay (link below) which has the part number 257410-3260 on the picture of the cluster but it's listed for a 1999 LS400.

1999 LEXUS LS400 SPEEDOMETER INSTRUMENT CLUSTER 257410-3260 83010-50652 FREE P&P https://ebay.us/95OvAU

I remember a while ago when my instrument cluster began playing up and i enquired of Lexus availability and price ..........  yes to availability BUT price was dopey price @ £ 3500

Thankfully it all started operating as normal ..  seemed to fluctuate with the heat and cold a little and I was told that it's probably the leakage on the capacitors that caused it to begin to behave as it should, and after many months of the rev counter being a bit silly and for months on end too.............  it has once or twice briefly reverted to playing up but it's ok right now :thumbsup:

Malc

Thank you for the clues Paul and Malcolm.

The 1997 car being dismantled was registered in August 1997 and apparently the Series 2a a.k.a. MK IV a.k.a. UCF20 II was introduced around July of that year, so it might be on the cusp. However, apparently the later version had no aerial on the rear wing, a 5 speed gearbox, different wing mirrors and wheels.

http://ls400data.com/history.html

Having seen photos it looks as though the car has none of those changes, so presumably was built prior to the later version.

MKIV does have the aerial on the rear wing as far as I know, just like the MK3. I’ve not seen a MKIV for sale or viewed one without an aerial on the rear wing. You can just look at the MKIV’s for sale and they have a boot mounted aerial, even a 2000 model. The seller for the link I posted, the 1999 instrument cluster, might have got it wrong and it’s a MK3 cluster after all so the part number would be correct. The odometer looks looks right for a MK3.

Hi Howard

Use the 7zap site to identify your part number go to the" meter " section for the series of the cars you are viewing and you will be able to see the differences in the drawings .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links