Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Drive away locking

Hi

RX 450H 2014 premier, any ideas on how to setup drive away central locking.

I can see the option to unlock when going in to Park

Thanks in advance

Philip

I'm not sure if it can be set at all.

My car, first registered in November 2013 does automatically lock when you reach about 10 or 15mph, but I remember reading somewhere that they discontinued this facility on safety grounds as there was some difficulty getting the doors open in a crash.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herbie said:

I remember reading somewhere that they discontinued this facility on safety grounds as there was some difficulty getting the doors open in a crash.

I'd like to know who makes these decisions. Seems to be some random person as it is different on every model. There are newer and older Lexus vehicles where you have the option to lock when you move into drive and/or when speed reaches a certain speed.

If you have an option to unlock, it would make sense that there is a option to lock in the first place but your manual (for your year) will tell you.

• Like 2

My 2015 gen 3 car definitely didn't have it and it couldn't be configured by me or the dealer. It was as the result of a court case in the USA that they deleted the feature on later gen 3 cars. My gen 4 car has the feature as did my 2014 IS300h and 2015 GS luxury. Probably they were a later design and had better emergency release. 

On 7/1/2020 at 3:20 PM, Lerstep said:

Herbie thanks, but how do I know if it has or has not this facility, or is it a dealer thing ?

If you have the option then it will show up in the same customisation menu where you found the option to unlock the doors when placed in Park. If it’s not there then as mentioned above, it can not be added. 

The 2014 F Sport Demo we test drove didn’t have this option but our 2012 F sport does. Our 2011 IS250 also had this feature, which was enable/ disabled by a pressing/ turning sequence of buttons and moving the auto shifter IIRC. As mentioned above, there seems to be a period between 2013 & 2015 where Lexus removed this feature on GS and RX models and possibly other models in the range also. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links