Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300h major service

Hi, All. I am new to this forum. I need to service my 2015 is300h with 62k miles. Can any one recomand me an independent garage where i can service my car in east London? Many thanks.

11 minutes ago, alif009 said:

Hi, All. I am new to this forum. I need to service my 2015 is300h with 62k miles. Can any one recomand me an independent garage where i can service my car in east London? Many thanks.

Welcome Alif,

These are all I have.

Lexus Indie Garages.docx

• Like 2

On 7/1/2020 at 2:30 PM, alif009 said:

Hi, All. I am new to this forum. I need to service my 2015 is300h with 62k miles. Can any one recommend me an independent garage where i can service my car in east London? Many thanks.

Hi Alif

Just to let you know if you still have warranty on your Battery you have to take it to a Lexus garage to keep the warranty (its a 10 year warranty that renews every year that you service it with Lexus). if you take it to an independent garage you will lose the warranty.

Regards,

Amir 

1 minute ago, Amir_hmn2002 said:

Hi Alif

Just to let you know if you still have warranty on your battery you have to take it to a Lexus garage to keep the warranty (its a 10 year warranty that renews every year that you service it with Lexus). if you take it to an independent garage you will lose the warranty.

Regards,

Amir 

It is now 15 years, Amir.

Hi Amir

when your car reaches 5 yrs old your car can have the essential servicing at your lexus dealership

there is no difference with the parts they use or what they change

the only difference is the price on your invoice

as far as i am aware the servicing is the same but with the

lower costs lexus are trying to keep owners of 5yr plus cars

coming back to them as some owners maybe be thinking

the cars 5 yrs old i'll get it serviced at my local garage / independant

instead of at the dealership.

6 hours ago, ikeja said:

I always thought the essential service did not cover as many checks - not so comprehensive?

Anybody any thoughts?

This was published in 2014.   https://d3rvezpmgp265q.cloudfront.net/lexusone/lexgben/Lexus-Essential-Care-Service-Content-1014_tcm-3066-448394.pdf

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 7:11 PM, royoftherovers said:

It is now 15 years, Amir.

15 years Warranty on the hybrid Battery? I didn't know they extended that, they told me 10 years when I bought mine last year. Does this apply to all Lexus models and year of manufacture or is it just the new ones?

12 minutes ago, Amir_hmn2002 said:

15 years Warranty on the hybrid battery? I didn't know they extended that, they told me 10 years when I bought mine last year. Does this apply to all Lexus models and year of manufacture or is it just the new ones?

Yes, I believe so.

A search on the Forum will probably inform you of the discussions we have had on the subject Amir.

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2020 at 9:52 AM, ikeja said:

I always thought the essential service did not cover as many checks - not so comprehensive?

Anybody any thoughts?

Hi Barry

I've been to two Lexus garages (as I moved house) both told me the recommendation from Lexus is to have comprehensive service once every two years and the essentials on the other years. As John kindly shared what it includes some checks such as replacing the brake fluid is once every two years in comprehensive service.
There are also other service plans recommended by Lexus that are more expensive. I can't remember how often, but the first one is when you reach 60k miles / 6 years old. This costs around £600 something and I got £100 off since I only did 35k miles in 6 years. The main difference was that they change the spark plugs. I am pretty sure the service doesn't worth the price they charge, but I am not an expert. I believe this is the service Alif is talking about as well. 

8 hours ago, Amir_hmn2002 said:

I've been to two Lexus garages (as I moved house) both told me the recommendation from Lexus is to have comprehensive service once every two years and the essentials on the other years. As John kindly shared what it includes some checks such as replacing the brake fluid is once every two years in comprehensive service.

There is an essential minor and major service, just like there is with the standard servicing. The essential major service includes a brake fluid change and should be done every two years.

The essential servicing does miss out a few things, e.g. doesn't replace the key fob Battery on the major service and only inspects the pollen filter rather than replacing (replacing if needed is an extra charge) but most things are the same - all critical things.

The list of what is done, on standard and essential servicing, is all documented on the Lexus website.

What I am finding is not clear from the servicing list of items, is if either the intermediate and/or full service include inspection, testing and if required greasing of caliper slide pins? If it is not an annual service item this is something I would recommend owners ask for you go elsewhere to ensure it is done. My service is due so will be asking and will feedback.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links