Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have heard some stories of eBay oil being fake? Sounds hard to believe but there you go! 

So I'm doing a Transmission service and want (obviously) to but genuine Toyota specified oil.

Any advice ?

I'm going to buy 6 litres IO think , just to be on the safe side. 

So it it just go to the dealer or eBay?

Is there a part number of something to identify the correct oil ? 

22 minutes ago, Zuke said:

I have heard some stories of ebay oil being fake? Sounds hard to believe but there you go! 

So I'm doing a Transmission service and want (obviously) to but genuine Toyota specified oil.

Any advice ?

So it it just go to the dealer or ebay?

As long as you are buying from a reputable eBay store. Most of the genuine Toyota fluids are usually sold by dealership parts stores that have eBay accounts anyway. So no worries there. Make sure you get the Genuine Toyota WS ATF fluid. They come in 1L bottles only

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jumbojake said:

I usually buy my oil on ebay, but from a genuine store, who use ebay as a sales outlet (like opie oils) ... often they are free postage on ebay, but pay for postage if you goto the same people via their online shop!

Same here. always use reputable companies that have eBay outlets.

Hi Zuke. Don't think you'll need 6 litres. I've been researching trans fluid refills for the is250 and believe the actual volume is 7.6 litres. But I believe only 1 maybe 2 litres comes out of the drain plug or taking the bottom housing off. The rest is supposedly in the valves and other gubbings. I'm wondering however if the bottom housing is removed is that where the filter is? I'm thinking of the GS300 or RX350 and an online video showing this.

Let us know how you get on because any threads on here ive seen are a good few years old.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Zuke said:

I have heard some stories of ebay oil being fake? Sounds hard to believe but there you go! 

Any advice ?

So it it just go to the dealer or ebay?

Just email https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/ and they will be able to send you a link to Transmission Oil page to make a purchase. ive used them for most parts i need. with regards to engine oils, most companies like Lexus, Opie Oils & Euro Car parts all have eBay stores now so best to check the seller. i have just purchased 4 litre Castrol 5W 30 from a non dealer eBay seller and just had my oil changed and it was genuine. if in doubt you cant go wrong with Euro car parts for Oil/Filter.

• Thanks 1

like other people used to buy oilsand filters on eBay. now buy genuine parts from fish bros bristol lexus main agent they are cheaper and very helpful

23 hours ago, +JIM said:

like other people used to buy oilsand filters on ebay. now buy genuine parts from fish bros bristol lexus main agent they are cheaper and very helpful

just a word of caution, I almost bought the service kit from them recently, only to find it came with oil for the petrol, not the specific one required for diesel (c2 grade)... a bit of a surprise, but may explain why so many people have issues with smoking diesels if they are not given the low ash mix!   They insisted this is their usual practice  (is, single grade of oil for all models.. they did agree to supply the c2 grade, but for an additional £65

As a result, I will continue to buy my oil  independently, to ensure it is the right grade for the car  (filters for sure from main dealer, but always double check part numbers!)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links