Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ct200h-Discontinuing Query

holiday

Hi I had spoken to lexus head office today to when the sat nav update is coming over as the rest of the cars In the range have had their cars updated. Unfortunately my car has not yet has been updated. They said to me that there might not be an update coming soon as it’s being discontinued. Therefore the other cars who have the sd card will not be updated anymore unfortunately. Is this true?

Hi this update was provided in the second half of last year.

I have 0s at the moment.

I was hoping to get the early 2020 version. Unfortunately lexus have discontinued the Sd cards and I was informed by the representative that they’ve now stopped manufacturing the sd cards as it’s now done over the air. 

how stupid are lexus not everyone has / uses data in their car

i know i dont i am on payg just for calls and txt's so over the air

wouldn't be an option for me.

why do companies feel that ota is the way forward or is it because

tesla use this technology for their vehicles so therefore everyone

else uses it ,

dont be a sheep lexus and follow the croud

Hi is this for the 2014 -2017 model or is for the 2017 onwards model as I don't have the widescreen premium navigation I have the smaller screen premium navigation.

13 hours ago, Moleman said:

2017 onwards premium nav system wide screen. It is disappointing if they are stopping supplying other systems.

I’ve just tried using the website and it has come up with the same product as the one which you have mentioned. I am in the process of speaking to the parts department and see if this matches with the website. I hope it does. However you are right if cars have the same satellite navigation system in 2017 cars then they should still keep it active. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been researching this over the last few months since I purchased our lovely 2015 CT 200 which was fitted with 2014 mapping.  Finally ordered 1 yesterday from the same eBay site mentioned above.  I received the micro sd card this morning, installed the software (took a few minutes) and delighted that it shows all the new roads around our county.  Checked the date on the software and it is March 2019, but that is more than good enough for me.

• Like 1

it maybe dated 2019 but it will be the 2020 release

just imagine how much time it takes to collate all the

new road information for the whole of the uk and then

have all that data put in an update file for you to use

it will then have to be tested to ensure there are no

flaws with the update before release to the public.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links