Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello again I'm back in the fold.

Well after being away from the Lexus fold for the past 18 months I'm back. My 4th Lexus. This time im in a 07 is250 SE-L which I swapped my diesel mondeo for. The Ford had to go because the diesel market is dying at an alarming rate. To put it in perspective. 6 weeks ago the mondeo was valued at 6.5k. In the past fortnight I've been offered between 4 and 4.5k. Well my 250 was up at 5.5k and a straight swap was made because the vendor saw my car and knew its potential. 

Anyway I've been looking mainly at RX400h or RX350 but the ones I saw were poor. My 250 yes is a 07 plate but a one owner from new and 78k with full Lexus history. It had to have Nav and ML. Its amazing how many is250's there are out there for sale but very very few with Nav and  ML. I struck lucky. 

Mines Bkack with Ivory leather. Love how it runs. Ive been thinking of the 250 for a number of years but got either hybrids or Fords.

I've a couple of questions. 1st is is their a recommended updated Nav disc? If so which is the better and suitable one?

2nd is the drivers seat electrics work but the seat memory doesn't.  Passengers side works so I'm wondering if its a faulty bank of switches. Any ideas?

I was going to put a Bluetooth adapter box in this 250 but I was very surprised to see it has an aux socket. The ML is outstanding. Just as good as the 14 plate is300h premier premium (that's how lexus dealer described it) I had a few years back.

I know about the sticking brake caliper saga with these cars. Mine had new calipers fitted in 2016 20k miles ago. Pads look like new front and rear. I am however going to remove the calipers and de rust them and treat with a rust prevention liquid then paint them gloss black. Ive got Liv-Moly grease for the pins etc.

So to anyone who remembers me Hiya and to those that done well you'll be seeing a lot of me.

It feels great to be back. Do I miss that superb mondeo? No.

Thanks for reading and I hope to get responses and answers soon. The Nav disc really really needs replacing with an up to date one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Well after being away from the Lexus fold for the past 18 months I'm back. My 4th Lexus. This time im in a 07 is250 SE-L which I swapped my diesel mondeo for. The Ford had to go because the diesel market is dying at an alarming rate. To put it in perspective. 6 weeks ago the mondeo was valued at 6.5k. In the past fortnight I've been offered between 4 and 4.5k. Well my 250 was up at 5.5k and a straight swap was made because the vendor saw my car and knew its potential. 

Anyway I've been looking mainly at RX400h or RX350 but the ones I saw were poor. My 250 yes is a 07 plate but a one owner from new and 78k with full Lexus history. It had to have Nav and ML. Its amazing how many is250's there are out there for sale but very very few with Nav and  ML. I struck lucky. 

Mines Bkack with Ivory leather. Love how it runs. Ive been thinking of the 250 for a number of years but got either hybrids or Fords.

I've a couple of questions. 1st is is their a recommended updated Nav disc? If so which is the better and suitable one?

2nd is the drivers seat electrics work but the seat memory doesn't.  Passengers side works so I'm wondering if its a faulty bank of switches. Any ideas?

I was going to put a Bluetooth adapter box in this 250 but I was very surprised to see it has an aux socket. The ML is outstanding. Just as good as the 14 plate is300h premier premium (that's how lexus dealer described it) I had a few years back.

I know about the sticking brake caliper saga with these cars. Mine had new calipers fitted in 2016 20k miles ago. Pads look like new front and rear. I am however going to remove the calipers and de rust them and treat with a rust prevention liquid then paint them gloss black. Ive got Liv-Moly grease for the pins etc.

So to anyone who remembers me Hiya and to those that done well you'll be seeing a lot of me.

It feels great to be back. Do I miss that superb mondeo? No.

Thanks for reading and I hope to get responses and answers soon. The Nav disc really really needs replacing with an up to date one.

Welcome back, 1st question where are the pictures 😁😁

Ref the sat nav disc, when I got mine back in Sept 2018, mine still had the disc from 2008, mine is a 2008 SE-L, I purchased the most up to date one at the time from eBay, it didn't cost a lot of money, have had no problems with it, I am probably due a new one by now, enjoy the car! 

Best to get the disc second hand but as far as I can tell 2018-19 is the last disc you will get as they discontinued producing map discs after this as the later nav is SD card based.

Hi guys and thanks. I've googled fir maps and seen on eBay TNS600 TNS700 which I'm unsure what they are. Also what ive seen is that all the discs I've seen are suitable only for gen.3 and 5. Now are these OK as my car is a gen 2.

Pics of car below and last one I think shows the nav headunit. 

Screenshot_20200701-160305_Auto Trader.jpg

Screenshot_20200701-160255_Auto Trader.jpg

Screenshot_20200701-160249_Auto Trader.jpg

Screenshot_20200701-160244_Auto Trader.jpg

Screenshot_20200701-160326_Auto Trader.jpg

• Like 2

Mr Vlad! Welcome back! Was it 18 months already? No way! Time flies!

Congratulations on a new car!

Will you miss Mondeo interior space, economy and driving experience? 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hi guys and thanks. I've googled fir maps and seen on ebay TNS600 TNS700 which I'm unsure what they are. Also what ive seen is that all the discs I've seen are suitable only for gen.3 and 5. Now are these OK as my car is a gen 2.

Pics of car below and last one I think shows the nav headunit. 

Screenshot_20200701-160305_Auto Trader.jpg

Screenshot_20200701-160255_Auto Trader.jpg

Screenshot_20200701-160249_Auto Trader.jpg

Screenshot_20200701-160244_Auto Trader.jpg

Screenshot_20200701-160326_Auto Trader.jpgNice

Nice! And you have a sunroof, is a sunroof rare on that year and model, I have seen many with them! 

Eh up Vlady no ill not miss the mondeo. Perhaps the interior space and boot but I much prefer the interior of the 250 and the boot is surprisingly big.

Oh forgot to mention. Fuel economy? That mondeo was a 2.2 litre diesel 200bhp so its economy wasn't proper diesel accessible lol.