Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450h

RedNev

Hi all - we’ve joined the world of Lexus ownership with the purchase of a RX450H last week.. 

One frustrating thing is that the previous owner had the towbar kit fitted, but the detachable neck is missing.. I’ve been having trouble tracking one down. Any help would be welcomed.

Hi Neville and welcome to the LOC.

We’ve seen quite a few RX450h purchases recently pictures are always welcome 😀

In regard to your problem as far as I know Lexus don’t produce their own tow bars so usually made by the likes of Witter plus a few others. I guess a search of the vehicle has not found it but be aware there are many storage spots.

Dependent on the age of the tow bar and it’s condition the information label may still be attached providing you with the details of the manufacturer and model number which should take you towards a replacement. If it was dealer fitted contacting Lexus may prove useful.

Hopefully another owner with a tow bar will chip in with further information. 

Thanks both - I’ve had a good hunt around the car and it doesn’t seem to be there.. strange as the unit was only fitted in July 19!

I’m keeping an eye on eBay, and thought I’d found one until it arrived and it was for a Phase 4 RX... the hunt continues. 

7 hours ago, Farqui said:

Hi Neville, the detachable RX tow balls seem to pop on eBay fairly regularly.

Is this any good ? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-Rx450h-detachable-Towbar-Genuine/114286567115

Welcome to Lexus ownership, how are you finding the RX ?

This is the one that is on my RX450H and was fitted by the previous owner(2014) at a cost of £1100 from Lexus,so the one on eBay is a bargain to say the least.

I have never actually used mine but have put it on a couple of times to check all was well.

By the way they are very heavy.

51 minutes ago, Eame64 said:

This is the one that is on my RX450H and was fitted by the previous owner(2014) at a cost of £1100 from Lexus,so the one on eBay is a bargain to say the least.

I have never actually used mine but have put it on a couple of times to check all was well.

By the way they are very heavy.

Thanks Eame - does yours look like this.. 

4141D31B-7F75-4076-A28B-BE75AE388794.jpeg

8 hours ago, Farqui said:

Hi Neville, the detachable RX tow balls seem to pop on eBay fairly regularly.

Is this any good ? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-Rx450h-detachable-Towbar-Genuine/114286567115

Welcome to Lexus ownership, how are you finding the RX ?

What would be funny is if this one is off the exact same car when the seller says he sold the car without it 😀

• Haha 2