Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service plan

I’m picking up a 18month old IS300h from a main dealer today and I know they’ll want to try and sell me a service plan. 
a) are they worth taking out?

b) how much should I be paying ?

Thanks

Kevin 

See https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/vehicle-service/#servicing - scroll down and select your car and you will see prices for all services - add up what yours will cost for the next couple of years. The service plan allows you to spread those payments over 24 months Interest free. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sanjb said:

Oh i just paid £700 for 50,60 & 70000 service 

I assume that would be for the Essentials service for cars over 5 years old - I paid about the same for mine when it was 5 years old for my next three services on a service plan. The pre-Essentials services costs (so for cars less than 5 years old, or if you decide not to take the Essentials servicing) are about 50% higher.

9 hours ago, sanjb said:

Three services for £700 ? Sounds very good , two services would cost £700 norm

On 5/28/2020 at 11:00 AM, jumbojake said:

ally 

On 7/3/2020 at 9:56 AM, sanjb said:

Why did it cost £700 for a routine service? Can you post the bill breakdown? I really struggle to see why main dealer servicing is so over priced.

3 minutes ago, ganzoom said:

Why did it cost £700 for a routine service? Can you post the bill breakdown? I really struggle to see why main dealer servicing is so over priced.

I read it as £700 for 3 services Gang.

• Like 2

Hi Gang thats for the next three services.

The car is a sept 2015 so just under 5 years.

It was with Toyota/Lexus service centre in Hayes Middlesex.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sanjb said:

My car is also a 65 plate, I'm thinking also to get a service plan too. Is your next three service the 60K,70K and 80K service  and isit the essential package ?

On 7/6/2020 at 1:03 PM, mpls said:

My car is also a 65 plate, I'm thinking also to get a service plan too. Is your next three service the 60K,70K and 80K service  and isit the essential package ?

Hi m no 50,60 & 70k on the plan

On 7/5/2020 at 9:03 PM, sanjb said:

Much more reasonable than I thought:).

On 7/9/2020 at 10:03 PM, sanjb said:

Hi m no 50,60 & 70k on the plan

I had my 50K service early this month  @ 47K miles since it was over 1 year since last service. I just aid the intermediate service charge,

I'm looking at essential service (60K and onwards)  for next service or appropriate service plan..

I'm sure Lexus will put a stop to that soon or take their franchise away [emoji20] They don't like people discounting.
Pricing is appropriate if "essentials" Service plan rather than  normal full service for cars greater than 5 yrs old:

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/lexus-essential-care/#hero

On 7/12/2020 at 1:03 PM, mujib1 said:

Pricing is appropriate if "essentials" Service plan rather than  normal full service for cars greater than 5 yrs old:

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/lexus-essential-care/#hero

even then it is £45 cheaper, but sanjb hasn't stated it is an essential plan.

• 1 month later...

I am on my second Service plan with my 13' Is300h. Being able to spread the cost and knowing that you're covered for 3 services is really helpful. I also took out the extended warranty because it covers up to 150,000 miles. I've had the center console LCD and door locks and Battery (the one in the boot) done under the warranty. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stuart Aspey said:

I am on my second Service plan with my 13' Is300h. Being able to spread the cost and knowing that you're covered for 3 services is really helpful. I also took out the extended warranty because it covers up to 150,000 miles. I've had the center console LCD and door locks and battery (the one in the boot) done under the warranty. 

Really smart Stu. What is your current mileage ?

• Like 1