Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service plan

@royoftherovers I am currently on 105000. I bought the car in 2017 with 59000 on the clock. The first extended warranty was for 3 years, but this one and next one will only be 2 years as I get closer to 150000. Covid has dramatically reduced my monthly mileage.

3 services was covering only 2 years. Lol. So I've only got 1 service left on this second plan. 

Also, the extended warranty gives free Lexus Roadside Assist

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart Aspey said:

@royoftherovers I am currently on 105000. I bought the car in 2017 with 59000 on the clock. The first extended warranty was for 3 years, but this one and next one will only be 2 years as I get closer to 150000. Covid has dramatically reduced my monthly mileage.

3 services was covering only 2 years. Lol. So I've only got 1 service left on this second plan. 

Also, the extended warranty gives free Lexus Roadside Assist

Wise move indeed Stuart. My GS is on 62,000, is 10 years old and the Extended Warranty will cease in 2022.

I have been trying to cross the quarter million mile mark in the 17 year old Merc, but Covid has stopped me in my tracks. Next year I will possibly make it.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

My Lexus 300h Hybrid is soon to be 3 years old. I have had several Lexus cars together with their Service Plans. My current monthly fee is £20.88 per month. The new quote is for £40.42/month almost a 94% increase!!!! To make this even worse the quote from my local Lexus dealer is £30 more than the Lexus on line quote!! Come on Lexus where's the Customer loyalty?

34 minutes ago, Lordy said:

My Lexus 300h Hybrid is soon to be 3 years old. I have had several Lexus cars together with their Service Plans. My current monthly fee is £20.88 per month. The new quote is for £40.42/month almost a 94% increase!!!! To make this even worse the quote from my local Lexus dealer is £30 more than the Lexus on line quote!! Come on Lexus where's the Customer loyalty?

Are you comparing unlike products? Initially you were paying for service plan only, now it seems you are paying for service plan plus Relax Warranty. 🤔

1 hour ago, Lordy said:

Is your current service plan 3 years from when the vehicle was new? That would mean you have minor, major, minor plan. You are now looking to take out a major, minor major (60k) plan so it will be more expensive, especially as one of those services will be a 60k/6 year expensive service.

The service plans don't provide a discount over just paying as you go - it just locks in the price against inflation and provides an interest free way of paying in instalments (up front).

The quote from your dealer shouldn't be more than Lexus online though - point this out and I'm sure they will reduce, and probably make an excuse that pricing has recently changed (which it hasn't).

27 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

now it seems you are paying for service plan plus Relax Warranty.

Relax is meant to be free. Service prices didn't go up with the introduction of Relax.

3 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Is your current service plan 3 years from when the vehicle was new? That would mean you have minor, major, minor plan. You are now looking to take out a major, minor major (60k) plan so it will be more expensive, especially as one of those services will be a 60k/6 year expensive service.

The service plans don't provide a discount over just paying as you go - it just locks in the price against inflation and provides an interest free way of paying in instalments (up front).

The quote from your dealer shouldn't be more than Lexus online though - point this out and I'm sure they will reduce, and probably make an excuse that pricing has recently changed (which it hasn't).

Relax is meant to be free. Service prices didn't go up with the introduction of Relax.

As you know Colin nothing in life is "free" but I concur with 2 x major plus I minor over 3 years roughly equates to £40+ per month. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 1/16/2022 at 11:39 AM, Phil xxkr said:

Are you comparing unlike products? Initially you were paying for service plan only, now it seems you are paying for service plan plus Relax Warranty. 🤔

Just signed up to a service plan for the next 2 years (90k service and the larger-than-life 100k service) today. I was told by the salesman that they recommend only taking out a 2 year service plan as I would be offered a heavily discounted service plan once Bonito is not covered under the Relax scheme. This was with Lexus Jemca Sidcup who also advised that there will be a price rise on services from 1st August.

• Like 1

I like that the Lexus warranty can be renewed until the car reaches 150,000, though I am starting to find myself onthe dealership more and more often as my 9 years old IS300H starts to bear the scars of its age. 122,000 miles in, though and I'm still getting 38-39mpg on a 6 month average. 

1 hour ago, Stuart Aspey said:

I like that the Lexus warranty can be renewed until the car reaches 150,000, though I am starting to find myself onthe dealership more and more often as my 9 years old IS300H starts to bear the scars of its age. 122,000 miles in, though and I'm still getting 38-39mpg on a 6 month average. 

Do you mean the Hybrid Battery warranty? I can't find the option to extend the vehicle warranty or any information on this on the Lexus website. I thought they removed that option with the introduction of Lexus Relax?

For others that are interested, just had it confirmed that the 10+ year servicing will be priced as £185 for the minor and £375 for the major (by Jemca Lexus). These are of course, subject to the rise in August.

5 minutes ago, Jose DS said:

Do you mean the Hybrid battery warranty? I can't find the option to extend the vehicle warranty or any information on this on the Lexus website. I thought they removed that option with the introduction of Lexus Relax?

Relax covers up to 10yrs/100k miles. There's also a 10yr+ extended warranty, which covers over 100yrs/100k miles, up to 15yrs/150k miles. It's around £500 a year, depending on model, and includes UK and European breakdown cover.

It's not on the website, and not all dealers are aware of it. I had to call Lexus UK, who emailed details to my dealer. Obviously it requires servicing to be done by Lexus, and may need a pre-approval inspection if previous service history incomplete or done elsewhere

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

Relax covers up to 10yrs/100k miles. There's also a 10yr+ extended warranty, which covers over 100yrs/100k miles, up to 15yrs/150k miles. It's around £500 a year, depending on model, and includes UK and European breakdown cover.

It's not on the website, and not all dealers are aware of it. I had to call Lexus UK, who emailed details to my dealer. Obviously it requires servicing to be done by Lexus, and may need a pre-approval inspection if previous service history incomplete or done elsewhere

How interesting! Thank you! will look into it in... two years time 🙂

54 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

Thank you Bluemarlin. Yes, this was something my dealer (Cardiff) spoke with me about. I took it at face value and assumed all Lexus dealerships were aware of this. 

3 hours ago, Stuart Aspey said:

Thank you Bluemarlin. Yes, this was something my dealer (Cardiff) spoke with me about. I took it at face value and assumed all Lexus dealerships were aware of this. 

My dealer at the time (Battersea, now closed) was blissfully unaware of it Stuart.

As an aside, the warranty seems like a pretty good deal to me, and gives a lot of peace of mind for an older car, especially as repairs can be expensive. So, given that it's been around for at least a year now, does anyone know why Lexus don't publicise it all?

10 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

My dealer at the time (Battersea, now closed) was blissfully unaware of it Stuart.

As an aside, the warranty seems like a pretty good deal to me, and gives a lot of peace of mind for an older car, especially as repairs can be expensive. So, given that it's been around for at least a year now, does anyone know why Lexus don't publicise it all?

It could be down to the dealers ethic, maybe. If they think a buyer has the ability to buy a new car, perhaps they omit to tell? I've been using Cardiff Lexus since I bought my 04' Sportcross and then my 13' IS300h, so they knew that I tend to hold onto the car for a while and perhaps thought there was no need not to tell me? 

My opinion only and maybe there are other reasons...   

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links