Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi peeps,I took my car for an MOT this week and to my surprise it failed :tsktsk: it went down on the nsf caliper<was not surprised as this caliper has been upsetting me for 9 years>but the biggest prob was the rear top wish bones have failed.I thought no worries i am taking it for a 80000 mile service today and will ask Lexus liverpool for their oppinion.Well they did the service and replaced the caliper and front pads,wiper rubbers,remote control Battery and 2 chrome lexus badges at the rear.They kindly took £1081.61 off me.Then they quoted a further £368.25 to replace a wishbone on one side and said the other side was dodgy.Has anyone had this problem with their wish bones?.There is also play in the front lower ball joints<yikes>£382.49 per side.Radiator corroded <not leaking>£519.02.Can anyone direct me on getting these things done a little cheaper in liverpool.Would it be worth joining LOC gold?Thanks for any advice given...KELL

Would it be worth joining LOC gold?Thanks for any advice given...KELL

:blink:

You could have saved over £100 today just by being a member of Gold (don't think Liverpool give a discount though looking at the list?)

Cheers mate,that is an idea,in the past i would never trust an independent with her,but needs must.Lexus said its just normal wear and tear of a car that age.In 9 years its only had the discs and pads replaced so wasnt doing to badly...

Hi Colin,I was wondering if they might of quoted me for both sides,they just said they will need doing for the next MOT.The main thing is the upper rear wish bones,it wont pass the MOT until these are done but the price they quoted was intense.They said the whole unit has to be replaced even though its only a small rubber bush thats failed.I think the unit is made of alloy?.How do i contact Chris?would he help me source the wish bones at a cheaper price???Thanks KELL