Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello fellow Lsers,

Picking up my LS600hL tomorrow and wanted to say hello to the group prior.

If anyone knows anything about the car it's GU57 VEL. One thing that did bother me, which propted the price reduction, is a problem with the rear driver side blind, where the blind frame goes up....without the mesh!! (rear quarter works fine) - hoping this can be repaired rather than replaced. If anyone has any ideas or encountered a similar issue do let me know. 

Best,

Ian

40 minutes ago, YN57OCK said:

Hello fellow Lsers,

Picking up my LS600hL tomorrow and wanted to say hello to the group prior.

If anyone knows anything about the car it's GU57 VEL. One thing that did bother me, which propted the price reduction, is a problem with the rear driver side blind, where the blind frame goes up....without the mesh!! (rear quarter works fine) - hoping this can be repaired rather than replaced. If anyone has any ideas or encountered a similar issue do let me know. 

Best,

Ian

Welcome Ian.We look forward to your contributions and to plenty of piccies of your new steed.

Which Dealer sold you the car ?

Hi Royoftherovers,

Purchased the vehicle from a chap called Mark  (MK cars & Bikes) a small family outfit, who took it as a P/X. The number plates have 'BCA' on them, so I'm sure at some point it was at auction....or a lexus main dealer could have moved it on that way...we shall see!

Looking forward to a full sized barge to waft myself and the family along! Bar some significant wheel corrosion and the passenger window blind, it looks in good order. Control arm bushings look as though they have been replaced...although no record of it....and a good service history at Lexus, although not complete...

Will drop photos of the silver beauty as soon as she's cleaned up! 

Good eve, 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Very clean MOT History.  Curious why "no Odometer" in the 2010 test.  Could it be a replaced Cluster or what?

Hope it lives up to everything you expect. Seeing Doc Martin in his, makes me envious!

OK smarty pants-------how did you check the m.o.t. history without the reg no?

no odometer ....  she might have been a taxi and covered 300k miles in those first 3 years before the small mileage odometer fitted :unsure:

Malc

• Like 2

Just now, runsgrateasanut said:

XBit of dyslexia this Morning, John? You leave my pants out of it!

TOO many mushrooms Stu. Lee has put me back on the straight and narrow!

You are both back in my World X1 to play Mars !

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Malc said:

no odometer ....  she might have been a taxi and covered 300k miles in those first 3 years before the small mileage odometer fitted :unsure:

Malc

So speaketh the Prophet of Doom and Gloom ?

reality check please guys ........  some sellers, car traders do this, what was the price paid etc ?  .......  what was the earlier Lexus service history i wonder

just take care eh !

Malc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malc said:

reality check please guys ........  some sellers, car traders do this, what was the price paid etc ?  .......  what was the earlier Lexus service history i wonder

just take care eh !

Malc

You are quite right to flag it Malc and I should have added (LOL).No bad will intended.

M.O.T. history will show mileage unless someone is very very good at tampering.

Wow that is quite some taxi ! 😂😂 

P.Plate going on once plates are made up and DVLA aware. Needs a good scrub inside first. Also I just noticed it's missing it's aux socket in the front centre console.🤯🤯?? Any ideas as to where it could be hiding? 

IMG_20200704_141738.jpg

IMG_20200704_141759.jpg

IMG_20200704_141837.jpg

• Like 6

Just now, The-Acre said:

I'm sure we would love to know how much it cost, but just as it's rude to ask a woman her age......

We are curious... 

41 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

I'm sure we would love to know how much it cost, but just as it's rude to ask a woman her age......

40 minutes ago, PCM said:

We are curious... 

38 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

🤭

£10k all in and felt like I had stolen it when I drove it away. T'was right interior colour scheme for me but I finally wrong exterior colour (wanted black!).

I'm suprised by how much silver is growing on me! Thank you for making the forum so much of a community, the commeradery here makes the purchase so much more worthwhile! 👏👏👏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, YN57OCK said:

£10k all in and felt like I had stolen it when I drove it away. T'was right interior colour scheme for me but I finally wrong exterior colour (wanted black!).

I'm suprised by how much silver is growing on me! Thank you for making the forum so much of a community, the commeradery here makes the purchase so much more worthwhile! 👏👏👏

Isn`t it amazing how good friends can make 10 Grand seem like peanuts ?

A great car YN !

That’s a lovely car - I know you won’t regret the colour - black is hard to keep clean - silver never needs cleaning 😂 and hides imperfections - same applies to the grey leather - my Ls430 is the same colour combo 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisermark said:

That’s a lovely car - I know you won’t regret the colour - black is hard to keep clean - silver never needs cleaning 😂 and hides imperfections - same applies to the grey leather - my Ls430 is the same colour combo 

Good point and speaking of grey leather. I'm about to list my IS 250 SE-L (86k, 55plate, red mica with grey leather) for sale, if anyone is interested it will be on the car listing page in the morning......Can't keep three Lexi plus the rest of the fleet....wife will kill me or divorce me and this way is the easiest or least hassle option!

11 hours ago, YN57OCK said:

I like the colour.

My RX is Silver and to me it looks timeless.

Your car looks lovely - the backs seat amazing.

So much so, I shall be moving in first thing Monday morning!

On 7/4/2020 at 5:30 PM, YN57OCK said:

Also I just noticed it's missing it's aux socket in the front centre console.🤯🤯?? Any ideas as to where it could be hiding? 

I'm pretty certain that the Aux socket only came with the 2008 model onward.
If the Disk button on the radio says Disk.Aux then it should have the Aux connector inside the armrest cubby along with a 12v cigarette socket.

IMG_0694.JPG

1 hour ago, BigBoomer said:

If the Disk button on the radio says Disk.Aux then it should have the Aux connector inside the armrest cubby along with a 12v cigarette socket.

IMG_0694.JPG

1 hour ago, BigBoomer said:

IMG_0694.JPG

Great camera angle there!

Unfortunately it's just the 12v adapter however there is also disk/aux on the radio...which is puzzling...looking at the other lexus owner forums this has come up a few times with some exceptions for the 2008 M/Y and various speculations as to why!

I may need to investigate behind the console and radio...

5 minutes ago, YN57OCK said:

Great camera angle there!

Unfortunately it's just the 12v adapter however there is also disk/aux on the radio...which is puzzling...looking at the other lexus owner forums this has come up a few times with some exceptions for the 2008 M/Y and various speculations as to why!

I may need to investigate behind the console and radio...

Ps. Great interior colour combo! 🙂