Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:thumbup1: but it's not mine. Just a pic I found on the interwebs.
I have an LS430 but was looking at 460s as well before I got mine, so was aware of the Aux "issue". 🙂

On 7/3/2020 at 8:21 PM, YN57OCK said:

If anyone knows anything about the car it's GU57 VEL

The GU prefix suggests that it was first registered by Lexus GB, who might have used it as a staff car, or demonstrator, or sold it to a dealership to use as a demonstrator.  The car was on offer from lexus edgeware road for £65995 with 14791miles , then again with 19352 miles  for £51995, then Lexus stockport  offered it with 19659 miles for £43990.  After this it was offered again at Lexus Leicester for 46850 with 19821 miles on the clock.  November '08, August '09, September '09 and  April '10 were the years of the offers. 

: o )

GU57VEL 600954865 front.jpg

GU57VEL 600954865 rear.jpg

GU57VEL 600954865 interior.jpg

GU57VEL 600743632 interior.jpg

GU57VEL 600743632 front.jpg

GU57VEL 600743632 rear.jpg

GU57VEL 600700622 interior.jpg

GU57VEL 600700622 front.jpg

GU57VEL 600700622 rear.jpg

GU57VEL 502113223 interior.jpg

GU57VEL 502113223 front.jpg

GU57VEL 502113223 rear.jpg

• Like 4

Scythe are you a detective? 🕵️‍♂️ Very thorough work! Thank you !

Quick update on her, She's being fitted with the Grom audio unit to provide updated nav and full Bluetooth audio capability, new window tints for privacy and to stop people looking in through the window - I'm amazed by the amount of attention this car has had whilst parked up, as it's rather subdued in presence and the finger prints on the glass! Then a wheel refurb as they are looking a little corroded....will keep you posted!

Ps my 250 is now sold to another forum member.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, YN57OCK said:

No, not a detective.  Back in 2007 I decided I wanted an LS.  The prices were changing so quickly at that time I wrote a program to quickly scrape the Lexus website every morning when I turned on my computer, and store the data.   After I'd bought the car I just let the program continue until Lexus changed the people who did their website.

: o )

• Like 4

On 7/12/2020 at 7:35 AM, YN57OCK said:

Quick update on her, She's being fitted with the Grom audio unit to provide updated nav and full Bluetooth audio capability, new window tints for privacy and to stop people looking in through the window - I'm amazed by the amount of attention this car has had whilst parked up, as it's rather subdued in presence and the finger prints on the glass! Then a wheel refurb as they are looking a little corroded....will keep you posted!

Ps my 250 is now sold to another forum member.

HI

What functions does your Grom offer - and hows the handsfree call quality? does the caller display on the screen? and are the call accept steering buttons compatible?

1 hour ago, cruisermark said:

HI

What functions does your Grom offer - and hows the handsfree call quality? does the caller display on the screen? and are the call accept steering buttons compatible?

Good question. just installed it and looking for a place (not under the front passenger floormat) to put it. A little surprised there is no direct access to Google Play out of the box and it would appear that apps such as waze or amazon music need to be side loaded. ill do a separate post on this for the forum members and let you know how i get on as Ive not tried the calling piece yet (not hooked up the aftermarket mic).

IMG_20200709_203539.jpg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, cruisermark said:

HI

Okay. Had a play with this earlier and the call quality is almost as good as the factory Bluetooth if not the same. Feedback from the wife was that the microphone was not as good, possibly down to placement near the rear view mirror.

I connected my phone via USB and immediately the Grom unit connected to android auto and showed me Waze, google maps and amazon music. The steering controls work seamlessly with the music tracks and i'm impressed by the resolution on the screen. Still need to find an ideal spot for the Grom unit to go....but its okay for the price, not amazing, just okay. Caller id is on screen when the phone rings. Also remember to not pair the phone with the factory Lexus unit - deleting the profile works, otherwise you will have phone calls coming through the Lexus unit and streaming via the Grom - although it doesn't make too much of a difference.

Small update. These alloys were heavily corroded on the LS when I picked her up and the team at Rimtech in Bredbury, Stockport sorted all 5 (yes, the full size spare too!) in a shinier silver than stock. Looking to get some black centre caps like the ones on the ISF and clean her nuts.

Also messaged Grom Audio regarding a couple of pretty significant limiting issues with the Vline 2 on the vehicle. Hope it's user error and not a dodgy unit. Let's see what they reply back with. 

IMG_20200721_151659.jpg

IMG_20200721_151755.jpg

IMG_20200721_151731.jpg

IMG_20200721_151708.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links