Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New to Lexus

Ullager

I'm in the process of trading in my diesel powered Mercedes E 250 Cabrio for a 2014 IS300H with 30,000 on the clock - hope to take possession next week. Sorry to see the Mercedes go as she has been a very reliable means of transport over the last 6 years but the way things are going with diesel powered cars I thought it best to relinquish diesel power for something a bit greener.

First question - the IS 300 has electrically powered wing mirrors which can fully retract. Should they automatically retract when locking the car or does this have to be done by the switch before locking the car? Would appreciate an answer before I take possession so that I can get the Lexus garage to sort it if the mirrors should automatically retract.

My 2013 RX450h automatically retracts the mirrors as I lock the doors but the mirror selection switch has to be in either left or right position for this to happen.

2 hours ago, Ullager said:

First question - the IS 300 has electrically powered wing mirrors which can fully retract. Should they automatically retract when locking the car or does this have to be done by the switch before locking the car? Would appreciate an answer before I take possession so that I can get the Lexus garage to sort it if the mirrors should automatically retract.

If your vehicle has this functionality then it is a setting on the mirror control - you don't need a dealer to enable/disable.

583925235_Screenshot2020-07-04at17_48_27.thumb.png.e9fb01b73fbdeef83c919feb9b978f84.png

Many thanks Colin (& to Herbie). I don't know if the car has this function but will check once I take possession.

This looks like a very responsive forum - glad I joined!