Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My personal preference are Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 2 but you'll see quite a few also like Michelin Cross Climates.

Both brands have offers on at the moment, here's the Goodyear one

https://www.goodyear.eu/en_gb/consumer/offers-hub.html?utm_source=LexusOwnersClubUK&utm_medium=ForumLinks

• Like 1

We bought our RX 10 months ago, already fitted with Dunlops.

Having been in an RX with Michelin Cross Climates - - I will not be fitting Dunlops again

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davey Blueeyes said:

I had have Avon ZX7 on mine, I never bought them and they are not the sort of tyre I would buy but I have to say they are excellent on my 2008 RX400, especially in the wet

I had Avon ZX7s all round on my RX300 when I had it and they were indeed excellent.

• Like 1

Michelin cross-climates.

Get some all-seasons while they are not at winter prices and in demand...

It all depends were you live and type of roads your on most of the time .if it's northern rural lots of snow /cold icy roads part of the year cross climates as mentioned above if more southern area city wise just a good wet weather tyre as its more of a wet climate in the U.K. 

I'm a big fan of Goodyears since they're rated the lowest for noise in my tyre size and ever since I had the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's on my E39 V8 I've been a fanboy. Not really sure if the SUV tyres i have on my RX are comparable but they seem fine.

The Michelin Cross climates I had fitted to my car last year transformed it for the better from the Dunlops it came with.  However, in tests it said that the further you got up towards  Scotland where they have more heavy snow, the recommendation tipped towards the Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons.

I did ask Lexus at Cheltenham what was recommended and was told the Michelin Cross Climates were becoming the most popular choice and this seems to have been borne out by recommendations I have seen.

• Like 2