Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Took my rx300 on its first real journey since purchase. Took it to bristol 136 miles motorway. The car went really well but occasionally it seemed slightly hesitant changing down when i pushed the accelerator to overtake it was like it was having a think before kickdown. Other than that it was fine and even better when i went to fuel station and refilled to brim it was £25.30 and that included spilling out onto the floor. Would a flush be advised or am i at the start of an issue.     

Mine does that - a bit.

Not sure it's that unusual?

After all - it's a cruiser, not a bruiser! 

You might be over thinking it Neil. What's the history with the car? Has it been stood a while or only pootled about for the last 3 months? You've given it a good run and put fresh fuel in. That could be all it needs. A good Italian tune up is good for them! Alternatively try disconnecting the Battery for a little while. That will reset any engine and gearbox adaptations.

• Like 1

Thank you both. I did wonder if its the vvt causing the slight delay. the car had been standing around 8 to 10 months before i bought it and had a lot of electrical faults along with burnt out ecu. it had probably only done about 20 mile trips since i first got it back on the road. The 136 mile trip was its  first real journey in 12 months. And i am smitten so selling both my land rovers ready to buy a newer lexus.