Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can anyone recommend winter tyres for a RX 450 H

I own a 2016 RX 450H Premier and have been looking for a suitable winter tyre on my existing  spec  235/55/R20 tyres.

Does anyone have any experience of the Yokohama Bluearth Winter V905 235/55 R20 102V .

Hoping to buy them currently at a better price off season.

Many thanks

Many thanks for the  replies to date ..........however the options on my current 20 inch alloys (235/55/r20) are very limited indeed.........michelins and goodyears are unavailable in my size.

4 hours ago, Bl1ng said:

Not a winter tyre but an all rounder, the Michelin Cross Climate tyres are meant to be a good all weather tyre: https://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Michelin/CrossClimate-SUV.htm

In comparative tyre reviews, the Michelins are either at the first or second in their group

They don't do the Cross-Climates in the size to fit gen 4 RX450h 😭😭😭😭

• Sad 1

The best winter tyres I have found are Nokian. They are not widely available in this country as the company is based in Finland, they were the original inventors of winter tyres, and the first people to develop studded tyres.  Google - www.nokiantyres.com  and read the reviews on Tyrereviews.co.uk

You can easily buy them through mytyres.co.uk  this is the result from their site https://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=110&sowigan=Wi&Breite=235&Quer=55&Felge=20&Speed=&kategorie=6&Marke=Nokian&ranzahl=4&search_tool=standard&rsmFahrzeugart=&tyre_for=PKW&suchen=Search+for+tyres

I've been using them on my LS430 every winter for the last 10 years and I've never been stuck in the snow, although I passed many 4 wheel drive SUVs that were. I fit them for the winter every year because I live at the bottom of a hill and my only way to leave home is up the hill which is never salted and defeats most other vehicles when it snows.

You will probably find their tyres are made in Russia, this is because they are one of the biggest selling high quality winter tyres in Russia, which is a vast market. I think I read that they sell over 70% of their annual production in the first 3 weeks of it starting to snow in the Russian winter!

I acquired a spare set of wheels for mine through eBay, which cost me nothing because the tyres they were fitted with had so much life left in them they were worth more than I paid for the wheels!  

John N

• Like 1

Sorry that link to my search results doesn't seam to work. Just go to Mytyres.co.uk and search for Winter tyres in your size, specifying Nokian as the manufacturer, the search pulled up two tyres available in your size.

JohnN

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2020 at 8:16 AM, TJB said:

Many thanks 

Did you make a tyre choice - it would be interesting to know your conclusions?

I have been using Nokian tyres throughout the year on my BMW saloon for several years now and have been very happy with them.  A dedicated summer tyre would wear slightly less but I only do a small mileage and appreciate the better grip.  I can't see the model I use listed now but it is probably similar to what they now describe as their weatherproof and all seasons model.

I ordered last on line at a good discounted price (not one of the usual suppliers) and had them fitted by a local tyre fitting firm.

• Like 1

Have decided to plump for the  Yokohama BluEarth Winter V905 tyre. 

They get reasonable reviews and are attractively priced. 

But before I do I will relook the Nokian tyre  comments on Tyre Review site.

Many thanks for all your inputs 

• Like 1

I have just collected my 2017 RX450h Luxury last night and was wondering the same thing for winter time.

On my 2011 I had All season tyres fitted for all year round and was wondering about the Yokohama BluEarth Winter V905 as to if it was suitable for all year around.

Does anyone know how much of a difference these would have for wear rate if used all year around against the summer tyres?

Have you considered an all weather tyre,    The tyre reviews website quote a Nankang Cross Sport tyre . Apparently they sell this tyre in the US and Canada with a guaranteed 50000 miles warranty      ...........see the link,,,,,,,,, //www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=110&Cookie=aff_rd_uk_awin&details=Ordern&typ=R-384550

It reads really well.................Hope you enjoy the car

Best wishes

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links