Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200 Se Cd Player!

if its under warranty, go back to your lexus dealer, or you could try using a plastic knife to unjam it. same thing happened to me just minutes after driving out of lexus bolton. they replaced the head unit for me within a few days under warranty.

WWW.Lexus.co.uk has a full listing of all the dealers I think.. :unsure: I only had mine about a week and the stereo packed up... :sick: I was gutted until these nice people on LOC gave me the good news.. I was all ready to shell out hard cash to get mine fixed but FREE is always a better option... Happy new stereo in about a week mate :winky:

Are you playing CD-R's in the CD player?

This can cause the Err3 problem :ohmy:

:o .. yep they are all CD-R's I don't play the orginals in the car, incase they get nicked/damaged. But this shouldn't be acceptable from a Lexus.

In my old Evo 6 I never had any probs with the car in anyway what so ever, I'm just hoping this is a one-off in the IS200. :zee:

Hi Guys

I have had problems with my cd player too. It seems to be when loading disc 6 or when the cd changes from 5 to 6. I have noticed that the cold weather seems to have an effect on this.

I keep meaning to check the stereo booklet to see what Err 3 actually means, has anyone looked? I have also seen an Err 1 problem with the stereo, that happened after loading a new disc into 6.

Both these err's appeared on original discs, I have found that the player does play CDR's no problem at all. I have been in touch with Lexus who have ordered a new head unit for me.

Its a 2000 W Reg Graphite Grey IS 200 SE, I only purchased it last November, but Boy is the smile still brighter than the headlights! :driving:

Nick

Do Lexus actually fit a brand new unit or are they reconditioned? If an older style unit fails with an Err3 message, is it replaced with the newer type with the CD slot at the top. Has anyone had any problems with their replacement unit or is the problem fixed in those - ie able to read CD-Rs etc.

I had to take mine to lexus the day i got it (Last thurs) as the previous owner had orderd it but not had it fitted yet.

The replaced it with another ine with the slot at the bottom, but looks new.

The other thing is I knew the had one in for my car but it wasn't booked in, the still took it straight away, sat me down with coffe & a biccy and did it whilst I waited, took about 20mins, So big thanks to those at lex Cambridge! :)

I had a word with Lex Sheffield today cos i keep getting Err1 messages.

Woman at service desk was very helpful and said she didn't think it would be any problem to get a replacement unit, service bloke is ringing me back tomorrow.

Looks like this will be at least the 2nd unit in my car, as I'm on an X plate and when i bought it in Nov it already had Cd player with slot at top.

I had to take mine to lexus the day i got it (Last thurs) as the previous owner had orderd it but not had it fitted yet.

The replaced it with another ine with the slot at the bottom, but looks new.

The other thing is I knew the had one in for my car but it wasn't booked in, the still took it straight away, sat me down with coffe & a biccy and did it whilst I waited, took about 20mins, So big thanks to those at lex Cambridge! :)

Cool! on Tuesday I also called Lex in Camb (I spoke to Caroline who was super helpful), and they have booked me in for next Saturday to replace my CD unit for a new one :)