Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Prolong Battery Reconditioning Package

I came across a company online called Hybrid Automotive who sell equipment and services to recondition hybrid batteries for Lexus, Toyota and Honda cars in the U.S.A.

They apparently have a distributor in Ireland too.

You can also see some videos of them on You Tube.

What I wanted to learn was if anyone has had any experience of their products or services? 

Thanks to all.

Hi Fenn, is there any reason why you want feedback from a company in a different country when there are alternatives closer to home?

Richard  / @hybridbatterysolutions is a fellow LOC member and has plenty of positive feedback; http://www.hybridbatterysolutions.co.uk/

Hi Richard, 

Thanks for your reply. No reason just general interest.

I have a friend in the U.S. and once stored a car over there for annual trips so still keep in touch with him. He has a GS 450h and thought it might be of interest to us both.

I have looked at Hybrid Battery Solutions and was thinking of investigating their hybrid Battery conditioner and harness that appears on a You Tube video but couldn’t see anything promoting it on their website. I’ll take another look to see if it’s been updated.

Hehe, no problem...is an easy mistake to make.

I'm not 100% certain that a 3rd party Battery conditioner is necessary, isn't that what the vehicle does but in a controlled range that gives the Battery pack as a whole, a longer life? The vehicle hybrid system never fully depletes or fully charges the pack.

Batteries can typically handle x charge cycles and performing more cycles at a wider range seems counter productive to me but I'm no expert.

When the hybrid Battery packs fail it's due to one or more pack breaking down and they need replacing. Whilst the whole pack is apart, all the packs are then charged and checked/matched individually to give a solid overall pack when fully assembled.

Maybe John or Richard will be along soon to dispell my sketchy man logic...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's a very convenient grid charger/discharger. They still haven't combined the charger & discharger, which is very unfortunate.

As for whether it works - it does what it says, but don't expect miracles. A full charge/discharge (3 cycles, each with increasing discharge depths) according to their instructions takes over 3 days, and is not automated - you need to swap between the charger & discharger. You can get an idea of how well deep cycling works by browsing priuschat, endlesssphere, insightcentral and other places where people have dealt with NiMH cells.

• 1 month later...