Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Belgian Supercharged IS200 Stuck In Barcelona

Helloo everybody!

Just new here.

So I am from Belgium, 31, but live in Barcelona since just before the corona started ( great timing, i know ) and now have some serious problems.

I drive an IS200 from 2001 with a Rank One supercharged kit on it and the 1ZZ injectors allso suplied from Rank One, same for the flywheel and fuel cut defender.
The pulley that is on the car is the 135 or 140.
The kit is allready on the car for a year now and worked really well most of the time.
For the rest the car if fully original in and outside and I did all the work on the car, same for the clutch and dristribution belt that got replaced before i made my journey here.

In the middle of the quarantaine the car broke down...

This is the story :

The day before it happened I had to make a long drive, about 3 hours to my destination and back in total and the car performed well. Supercharger on or off, it did its work ( mine is equipped with a switch to turn it off and on )
I stopped for gas on the way back and no i didnt fuel the wrong :D. After fueling it was still a good drive back.

The only thing that happened on the way back was the kickback of the throttle body so i knew from then on to go easy because i know they are sensitive with the supercharger kit on it and it was allready the second throttle body on the car, it gave up a few months ago and that i had replaced in a lexus garage because luckily they had one laying around for cheap.

But from the moment the second throttle body was on, allmost every time i had to start the car it took much longer to reach its idle and run smooth and offcourse because I was moving to barcelona i had no time to look at that issue anymore, this was a few weeks before i was moving.

And so when I got home from this long drive I parked the car without any issues and the problems happened the day after.

The day after when i wanted to start the car it would start up and cut out after a few seconds, over and over again. It seems like an immobilizer keeps getting activated and the fuel gets cut or the throttle body closes or something in that order.

At this moment the car is in an official lexus garage in barcelona, with my insurance i had it towed there and i had the idea they would be able to make a diagnose of the problem but they dont want to work on a modified car ( it seems an excuse to me because it is barely modified and so easy to put the electrics back to original but they dont touch the car )

This is bugging the life out of me since i am a technician myself but here i have nothing to work on the car and

So my questions are :

What are your impressions of the problem?
What could be my options for to fix the problem myself? ( i barely have tools or anything of that sort with me )
Are there any places or garages that anybody on here knows in my region?
I know about piggybacking an IS200 and allready read much about it and what are my best options if it even is a possibility?

Thanks

Greetings

Joshua

IMG_20170430_135500.jpg

Hello Joshua and welcome to the LOC UK.

From your information I would be looking at fuel delivery particularly the pump and fuel pressure. Immobiliser problems normally allow the engine to crank but not fire at all as the injectors are cut off.

Have you checked for any fault codes even if the EML is not on?

If you have access to some ether spray ( brand name here in the UK is Easistart ) try getting someone to crank the engine while it is sprayed into the air intake, if the engine then continues to run albeit roughly it would confirm a fuelling problem ( just take care doing this in case of a flashback).

So fuel pump check first then fuel pressure.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links