Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Crazy SC430 price!

Yeah same here, sure it looks smart but that's a high value.

initially i figured it must be super low mileage but nope, it isn't.

Then maybe the cherished number plate but i read that it has been taken off.

Hard to say whether it's worth that kind of money.  It is, if the description is true, more or less a brand new car, so in that respect it could be considered a bargain!  One of my concerns would be convincing an insurance company of its value.  All said and done, I'd love it!

• Like 2

Seems too high to me but others sold for prices around £15K with higher mileage and it's rare to see one in this colour combination. 

• Like 2

This car has been for sale on Autotrader for a long time as far as I can remember. I know it was on sale at a high price but don’t know if near what it obtained on eBay. I think the words ‘ good luck’ come to mind and was meticulously maintained, so could give somebody many hours of enjoyment for Ford Focus prices, and like Phil, would like it to have been me......although I was not a bidder.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MerchantOfVenice said:

Did it actually sell or did it fail to meet the Reserve ?

10 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

If it did indeed sell, then to answer the original question, it was worth the price, to the buyer!

Agreed and if the new owner can sell it today for a similar price it really was worth it. If not then it wasn't. 

At £18k it must be a recent record for an SC. It's definitely not worth it but if anyone wants to pay £18k for mine please get in touch. 🤣 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 7/6/2020 at 10:58 PM, MerchantOfVenice said:

I missed the the car as bidding had finished and ended up spending 10 mins on eBay looking at other SC's haha
I agree it seems a lot of money

On 7/7/2020 at 2:15 PM, royoftherovers said:

If it did indeed sell, then to answer the original question, it was worth the price, to the buyer!

very true! With the SC being a rare car and someone might be willing to spend anything for their ideal spec 🙂

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ThomasD94 said:

very true! With the SC being a rare car and someone might be willing to spend anything for their ideal spec 🙂

Yes still seems expensive. No one on here would but some will spend silly amounts on cars to get them just how they want them. 🤣 

8 hours ago, Neil E said:

Yes still seems expensive. No one on here would but some will spend silly amounts on cars to get them just how they want them. 🤣 

You would wouldn't you!!

• Like 2

I sure would!! I seen this brown SC today, think its the Pebble Beach edition?

i saw one that colour recently, certainly not to my taste, whereas the blue is beautiful!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The-Acre said:

You would wouldn't you!!

I suppose so Phil ....about £24k so far 🤣 and I haven't forgotten, I'll been down whenever it's allowed. 

Thomas, I've only seen left hand drive special edition Pebble Beach model SC430s in the US. They are easily identified by a little silver emblem by the auto shift lever. 

• Like 1

Discussed this today. Someone reckoned the GS Mark 3 was the ugliest boring car Lexus ever made. To my eye it is the prettiest.

They did however state that my 11 year old car is less rusty than any five year old Nissan GTR.

To me if I could get a virtually new Sc430 for 18K I would buy one, what else is there out there that can compare but it would have to be immaculate, there are 2x 2007 sc430s one is a pebble beach both have roughly 45,000 on the clock and are offered at $27000 each thru a Florida dealer, I think the sc430 used prices are on the way up, back in the day would you pay 40-50 k for a lotus cortina😂I think not