Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Walk away auto locking

the car will auto lock only if :-

the car has been unlocked & none of the doors

have been opened, the time for this feature can be adjusted

I think I need the 'lock the Car because the remote isn't near and hasn't been for sometime' feature. Why? Well, I had a lexus is 220d and that had a small pressable button on the door handle and I religiously pressed it when leaving the car. The same can't be said for my actions now. I rarely remember to press the 'so called' button on the door handle of the is300h. This is for one main reason, which I personally think is a design flaw in terms of security. The button on the is300h does not detent and provide feedback when pressed. Sure it may sound the latching of the locks actuating but on a road with heavy constant traffic you'd be lucky to hear it. But there is something about getting positive feedback from a button that depresses. I don't rate the touch here and no feedback (other than the indicators or sound of lock).

I think it's like muscle memory, no positive feedback, no remembering to press it.

I often go to my car and only then realise I didn't lock the thing. Sometimes all night.

I would love lexus to go back to the old style. Personally. But we all know they wont.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yes I agree. My previous 300H use to lock after walking away and that was a good feature. Please bring it back and anybody know the reason this is not available on newer models. 

I must say that when we had an IS300h this never caused a problem but now we have the NX it seems a no-brainer that Lexus should have fitted the lock sensors to all 4 doors on the IS and not just the fronts. 

The advantage of the current system is that there is no rubber button to split, leak or freeze.