Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

location of fault finding diagnostic plug socket

Hello again to all...A few days ago a strange thing started to happen on my 1995 ls400 mark 3....On turning on the ignition all warning lights come on as normal, and then starting the car they go off as normal...so far so good.......... Then after a few minutes the engine warning light comes back on again, then after approx 4 minutes the engine light goes go's off, and remains off  for the rest of the day irrespective of the amount of times I stop and restart the car.... all is normal again, until the following day when all is repeated

Anyone any idea what is happening...and also where is the fault diagnostic machine plug situated

Any help would be appreciated...........................Thank you Roy.

It should be located on the driver’s side kick panel ( the one with the foot well light in it).

Given the symptoms and timing I would be swayed towards a pre cat O2 sensor fault heater failure which then goes away when it is warmed up by the exhaust gases but diagnose first there should be a stored code.