Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello guys can someone's help me with some questions?

I'm hunting a Is250   59 plate  ,103k miles 5.300£     1Prew. owner   its got all full history up to 87K on main dealer ( got stamp on book but not a sheet with the work carried out )

My question is..do lexus change the spark plugs on any service interval up to that mileage?  

Its a good sound system the standar one?how many speakers.

I found a se-L    75k miles full history but its a 57 plate ( need discs and pads all around) on same price! 

worth buy that one with low mileage and 57 plate or just forget about the ML system and get the 59 plate? 

Thank You !!

Spark plugs are only done at dealers, on your request . Have either car got any out standing recall work to be done? Check on line with reg numbers. If rear petrol seal needs doing, it is a good time for plugs to be. Reason inlet manifold on near side has to come off for the work. Hence only thing left to remove is coil packs and plugs. Off side is easy to do.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

Spark plugs are only done at dealers, on your request . Have either car got any out standing recall work to be done? Check on line with reg numbers. If rear petrol seal needs doing, it is a good time for plugs to be. Reason inlet manifold on near side has to come off for the work. Hence only thing left to remove is coil packs and plugs. Off side is easy to do.

Yes its got a outstanding recall, so if that I book it in for a recall and fit the spark plugs at the same time, sould that bee cheaper no? 

2 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

Yes i payed about £150.00 at Lexus Bradford, make sure you book it for them at the same time.

Thank you for the info , can you give me advice with the other questions?  😬

Mine has the Pioneer 13 speaker system , i like the sound not herd the  Mark Levinson system but supposed to be better 14 speakers. Both 6 disc front loading.

Have you looked at F sports, seen a couple advertised recently. Alcantara and half leather indicators on mirrors, same horse power.

Just now, madasahatter said:

Mine has the Pioneer 13 speaker system , i like the sound not herd the  Mark Levinson system but supposed to be better 14 speakers. Both 6 disc front loading.

Have you looked at F sports, seen a couple advertised recently. Alcantara and half leather indicators on mirrors, same horse power.

I looked to some of them but out of my budget, I dont want speend more than 6K  saw a white f sport 2010 but its got 127k miles and its 170miles away (6.500£)

Welll I guees sounds good on 13 speakers anytime I can attach a subwoofer on the boot! 

When i turn up the bass on my mark levinson the rearview mirror vibrates like crazy,  i can hardly see what's going on behind.  Not sure a further sub is needed unless you're a proper audiophile 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, chr15gb said:

When i turn up the bass on my mark levinson the rearview mirror vibrates like crazy,  i can hardly see what's going on behind.  Not sure a further sub is needed unless you're a proper audiophile 

No that bad , what about on the pioneer system? The Lexus with ML its on a dealer i ask him if knows about the spark plugs been changed or not because its got the recall done and he don't know about it ( lexus history up to 50k the rest on garage ) and I told him its expensive on this lexus because u have to take the manifold and he start laughing and saiyds i dnt know about cars.. so I might get the one without ML  got recall outstanding and I might pay extra for plugs..

I changed my plugs myself on the drive.
It is a bit of a faff but it simply takes longer than an average plug change. It's only nuts and bolts after all.
The manifold is just a big plastic lump, nothing to be concerned with, I didn't even change the seals as they looked perfectly fine and have been fine for the last 30k miles.

I would suggest if the receipts or history do not specifically say the plugs have been changed, I would assume they haven't.

My old plugs looked good to be fair after 100k and no evidence they had been changed before. I can't say I noticed any difference to the drive after changing them.

• Like 1

The Lexus Service Schedule for Plugs on the IS is every 6 years or 60,000 miles but they ( OEM Denso ) can easily still be serviceable after 100,000 miles!

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 5:33 PM, chr15gb said:

I am playing cd's on my ML and hearing musical instruments on the tracks that i had not heard before. The difference is striking.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links