Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

I have a 2006 IS220d which has the common issue of white/blue smoke from the exhaust.

Having done a fair amount of reading up on the topic I am fairly confident that it is being caused by the fifth injector because if I disconnect the Battery the issue goes away for a couple of days.

I have done other checks and I am fairly confident that it is the 5th injector as opposed to the turbo or indeed the headgasket.

The car is driving perfectly and is returning good mpg (for one of these) at just shy of 47mpg on a run.

I am aware that some people say this is normal and is just the car doing a DPF regen, but it does seem to be an excessive amount of smoke.

I was just wondering if anyone has heard of a fix to this issue permanently as opposed to just disconnecting the Battery. (I know a lot of people say to do the classic egr off, dpf off, ad 5th injector off + remap, but I wont be doing that at the moment)

I love the car and i'm hoping this small niggle with it can be fixed.

Thanks In advance