Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all ...new to the club and I need help with a few things ....iam starting to restore a 1991 ls400  I absolutely love the car it’s one of the best cars I’ve ever had and driven ... i’ve started to restore the inside of the car and noticed the LCD screen for the climate control doesn’t work where can I buy one I also need a set of front clear indicator lens ..... any help would be much appreciated ...

Also, welcome to the club!

You'll probably get all the info you need from here. I've found everybody very helpful and friendly.

Looking forward to seeing the car!

Alex.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yes thanks I’ll do my best to post some pictures of the car ASAP ... I’ve a lot of plans for upgrades including adding a supercharger to the engine ....
This is something I keep thinking about [emoji23].

Are you going to do the exhaust? I had a muffler delete recently and it sounds great. If you're staying original but need new tips I got a new set from Lexus in the US on eBay.

Great site many people use for genuine parts is called Amayama. Non genuine Rock Auto is highly rated on here.

I’ve just ordered the lcd screen from eBay (thanks to you ) I google searched a few times and found nothing mmmmmm strange ...anyhow regards the exhaust I’ve two  magnaflow back boxes I bought for a 69 Ford Mustang and a cross over center   Section which fit perfect and should sound great .....the nct test center here ( or mot in the uk) are a bit funny about passing cars that have delete anything on it cos it makes it unsafe or something stupid like that ..(they seem to make up the rules as they go along )....crazy Ireland  that’s what I say ....

That'll sound fun!

I think in my case as deleting 2 still left 2 mufflers on the car the garage were happy there wouldn't be any issues.

Good luck! The V8 sounds amazing when it's not being gagged.

Yes I love the sound of a v8 ... I found a  Company in Australia  that does a  supercharger kit for the ls400 (bullet cars.com) based on the Buick m90 for decent money ....fits under the stock bonnet ..I think that’s a go ....I look forward to getting that 😁

Yes I love the sound of a v8 ... I found a  Company in Australia  that does a  supercharger kit for the ls400 (bullet cars.com) based on the Buick m90 for decent money ....fits under the stock bonnet ..I think that’s a go ....I look forward to getting that [emoji16]
I've looked at this exact site but at £4k fitted I wondered if it was worth it. Deffo a fun project I'd be following closely!

Building a bigger garage with a lift  at the moment to accommodate all my projects ...waiting on a lot of equipment after lockdown ...holding things up a bit ....I’ll do my best to keep things updated ....

the Car as I bought it ...  needs new paintwork as lacquer is lifting in places but overall a good solid car with zero rust no crash damage and full service history 127.000 miles ...but have a spare one with 43.000 miles one owner car that was left in a shed to rot after the  owner emigrated    ....🤨

87BE017A-40DD-44BA-9B0E-9E59AD667663.jpeg

the Car as I bought it ...  needs new paintwork as lacquer is lifting in places but overall a good solid car with zero rust no crash damage and full service history 127.000 miles ...but have a spare one with 43.000 miles one owner car that was left in a shed to rot after the  owner emigrated    ....[emoji2955]
87BE017A-40DD-44BA-9B0E-9E59AD667663.thumb.jpeg.493b875c143690f982201b7ca0f9ada2.jpeg
Looks good! Nice find of a low mileage engine!
Best the rest of the car was knackered eh?

Yep about 3 inches of bird poop on the roof and full of rust ..the shed had been broken into and the windows smashed but the running gear was perfect .... put a Battery in to  confirm milage and stamped service history was all there .... lucky find is right ....

1 hour ago, ajchetcuti said:

Looks good! Nice find of a low mileage engine!
Best the rest of the car was knackered eh?

the Car as I bought it ...  needs new paintwork as lacquer is lifting in places but overall a good solid car with zero rust no crash damage and full service history 127.000 miles ...but have a spare one with 43.000 miles one owner car that was left in a shed to rot after the  owner emigrated    ....🤨

5 hours ago, Tyson99911 said:

Iam not having much luck finding front clear Indicator lenses ....😞

The ones for the early models are getting rare now plus if you do find some most sellers won’t post to the UK.

These are a bargain for the full set of front indicators and rear clusters but unless you have someone in the USA willing to buy them and post on you can’t buy them.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DEPO-Red-Clear-Tail-Lamp-Bumper-Signal-Lights-For-90-91-92-93-94-Lexus-LS400-/302695109247

I do have a spare secondhand set, one of them has a small crack but is still water tight ( they all tend to let water in so I always seal them with clear silicon sealer).

PM me if you are interested in them.

507DF8CB-43BC-476A-8ED7-A05FD6177B87.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi great yes I am interested ..how much are you looking for plus postage to Dublin Ireland ..... I can pay you by PayPal if you wish ....Much appreciated thanks

Hi Peter, I’ve sent you a PM.

Managed to find one chrome bolt which is inserted into one of the outer sections, the plastic clips (usually yellow or white in colour) will need to be carefully removed from the original inner units and fitted to these so the outer part can securely clip into the inner section. Gently squeeze the clips from behind, push through and transfer over.

Picture shows the round hole where they fit.

FD8F2802-927A-42E6-B173-9FCB2E0A53ED.jpeg

On 7/10/2020 at 11:31 AM, Tyson99911 said:

I also need a set of front clear indicator lens

welcome BUT if you're restoring her then you def won't need the silly clear lenses ........ original is brilliant

Malc

• Like 3

On 7/11/2020 at 3:02 PM, Malc said:

welcome BUT if you're restoring her then you def won't need the silly clear lenses ........ original is brilliant

Malc

Restoring her ? with a Super charger and two Magnaflow exhaust boxes!.  You've not been paying attention Boy - go to the back of the Class! 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links