Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I started this post months ago and finally have the TPMS sorted and working along with a new MOT. Decided to have both done at the same time and get the car back to how it should be.  I still think the TPMS is a right unnecessary expensive faff but after all this time I couldn't find a bypass that would disable the system and not set the car on fire.  My regular garage has just geared himself up with TPMS kit so did the job and MOT for £120.  I needed 3 sensors as there was a replacement OE-R Ersatz fitted by the previous owner.  Lexus OEM sensors are Pacific but I bought OE-R Ersatz as I knew these worked with the Lexus system. They came from Carparts Warehouse in Ayr  07790 015 888, Colin Guinea dealt with the sale in a friendly and informative manner, they came next day, ready coded, with the code printed on the box for £30 each +P&P £2.50. Instruction sheet was included and any problem ring him and he'd go through the procedure.  Car passed MOT without advisories, no lights on the dash so I'm more than pleased with the result.  Thanks for all the help with this ongoing saga and Britprius who fixed his with new batteries which I tried, soldering in new tagged batteries but no luck there. I must stress that I have no connection with the above company but recommend them.   

• Like 2

Im pretty sure they are not a legal requirement to pass MOT for vehicles prior 2012 

I just had two changed on my GS and as i have the tech stream and cable did the coding myself , took me quite while as i have not played about with tech stream for a log time 

A right PIA these TPMS sensors , but yeah the feeling you get when those flashing lights go away !

I just have one more light to get rid off , VSC thing but could be anything as ive read on here like a dodgy fuel cap and so will start with that 

After market tpms seems so much easier and you can tell which tyre IS low, rather than one of your tyres MIGHT be low.

I have tpms on a 2016 car so will have to pay up when that fails!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links