Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I had to top up the power steering fluid the other day and when I moved the car to mow the lawn I've noticed some stains on the tarmac driveway. Didn't notice before as I always reverse into the same spot. Anyway on inspection it appears to be the metal tubing in front of the radiator is failing. (See photo's)

I'm not sure what the part is called so I'm looking for either the name or part number. Your thoughts please...03d0741f5c0d2c014c3eaf1ee41c2519.jpgdad8d8d11f3b8656f38acb6b6a28ccef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

if it's similar to the Ls400 then you could replace with a simple piece of copper tubing for about £5 ........  if it's just the run in front of the radiator

when mine went that Lexus mild steel part was about £85 !

And I also had big issues with that conglomeration of pipework from the pas reservoir down to that pipe and for simplicity that was renewed in appropriate flexi hoses too

Malc

• Like 2

Ah that's a great fix, thanks. I'll see if I can get that done. Is the system under pressure or anything? I don't want to make a start on it and it comes squirting out with a force.

1 hour ago, lex - eleven said:

Ah that's a great fix, thanks. I'll see if I can get that done. Is the system under pressure or anything? I don't want to make a start on it and it comes squirting out with a force.

As suggested, micro bore copper pipe, easy to bend to shape, just get the right diameter.

• Like 2

So I'm guessing
Find the right copper tube
and some flexihose and clamps.
Cut the failing tubing out and connect the new tubing into the existing flexihose and the new flexihose and clamp it all up.
Top up the power steering and turn the steering left to right to bleed it through and remove any air.

47 minutes ago, lex - eleven said:

So I'm guessing
Find the right copper tube
and some flexihose and clamps.
Cut the failing tubing out and connect the new tubing into the existing flexihose and the new flexihose and clamp it all up.
Top up the power steering and turn the steering left to right to bleed it through and remove any air.

I think you've got it there, just make sure the rubber hose is suitable for steering fluid.  When I changed my transmission hoses my local motor factors recommended fuel hose so that should work for you.

• Like 2

Ok, I've got busy with the copper pipe and stuff and thankfully - no more leaks. Thanks for all the very helpful information you gave I've not only save money doing the repair myself but it would have meant I'd have had to hire a car for the next couple of days as I have a 500 mile round trip starting tomorrow! It's not pretty but if it continues to hold I'm a happy bunny. [emoji106][emoji2936][emoji2935]9530ae377ce902b77ceaec7cf67ed236.jpg

• Like 2

A can of satin black aerosol plaint will blend it right in!

I was just tinkering with my 430 the other day and used it on all the rusty nut heads in the engine bay - looks as good as new

• Like 1

If it should leak, you may have to use a blow torch and solder on one of those straight connectors with the inbuilt solder.  It then gives a ridge over which your hose will go - with some force.  Taking care to remove any loose solder.

See plumbing tips if never done any plumbing.  Bain of my life!!   

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links