Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi all,

not sure if this has been posted already. my headlights are cloudy, anyone had any positive experiences of clearing this up? i know lots of videos on youtube, but sometimes it doesn't work when tried.

thanks

3 hours ago, madasahatter said:

Best thing for cloudy head lights is new ones. I have tried all manner of things, in the end replaced them with new.

How much does this cost? Is it an easy job to DIY?

Never had occasion to try it myself, but have often come across the mention of the use of toothpaste as an effective and gentle way to brighten up headlights.  Probably worth a go as I expect you have some handy!  I'll be interested to know if it actually works.

14 minutes ago, LenT said:

Never had occasion to try it myself, but have often come across the mention of the use of toothpaste as an effective and gentle way to brighten up headlights.  Probably worth a go as I expect you have some handy!  I'll be interested to know if it actually works.

Toothpaste yes and Brasso too,Len.

8 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Toothpaste yes and Brasso too,Len.

Well there you go!

Just don’t get them mixed up afterwards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought I would give this a try and wow what a result! Super easy, cheap all you do is wipe to clean the lens and then use another wipe to protect.

Armor All Headlight Restorer Kit Containing 2 Cleaning Wipes & 1 Protectant Wipe https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07M8GM3D9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_anMeFbTRADK6B

My headlight were really bad but now has a new life and it has been 6 months already and seems like will last a long time.

trust me, give it a go at only £10

16 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Blimey Steveledzep that stuff you suggested wow what a price 🤣

Not sure what the seller has done to the price on that one.  Less than a fiver is typical.  It works very well too.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K2-LAMP-DOCTOR-RESTORE-CLARITY-REMOVE-SCRATCH-YELLOW-DULL-CAR-HEADLIGHTS-LEN-NEW/282622237193?epid=2201890123&hash=item41cd991a09:g:U1oAAOSwPWRZO-Tt

• Like 1

Thought I will share my experience.

I tried compound, polish and wax one of the headlight and it made a big improvement and then compared it with new. The new one is much better because the old one has yellowed from inside. So one side looks different than the other.