Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had Lexi for a few months now though not driving her much during the lockdown period. Now that the lockdown has been lifted I spent sometime getting to know her...gave her a good clean yesterday and on lifting the carpet on the passenger footwell, noticed a couple of connectors were unplugged from a control box.....WTF was the first word that came to mind!

IMG_4168.thumb.JPG.f0ef7ae28982f64e9906976e1b227839.JPG

I have always thought "everything" works in Lexi except for the TPMS and it was for this reason that I looked under the carpet ( remembered a post mentioning about the ECU/TPMS by-pass ).

I plugged the connectors back in and fired her up ....AFS light starting flashing on the instrument panel!! Arrrggghhhhh....the AFS!

Where do I start - the million £ question!

Phil,

Am sure my car has it...there is a sensor on the front NS wheel arch but the link is broken. Another one at the rear NS - link also broken...

For whet it is worth ...maybe I will just leave this unplugged!

Cheers.

1 hour ago, J88TEO said:

Phil,

Am sure my car has it...there is a sensor on the front NS wheel arch but the link is broken. Another one at the rear NS - link also broken...

For whet it is worth ...maybe I will just leave this unplugged!

Cheers.

Broken links to the AFS is an MOT failure. 
Find a piece of tubing that fits over the broken link rods, and epoxy resin or hot glue the rods into the tube. You may have to free off the ball joints at the ends of the rods as these being seized is the usual cause of the rods breaking.
you can buy ball joints on eBay, and join them with a length of threaded rod.

John.

58 minutes ago, Britprius said:

Broken links to the AFS is an MOT failure. 
Find a piece of tubing that fits over the broken link rods, and epoxy resin or hot glue the rods into the tube. You may have to free off the ball joints at the ends of the rods as these being seized is the usual cause of the rods breaking.
you can buy ball joints on ebay, and join them with a length of threaded rod.

John.

John,

Thanks. Will look into this "problem" when I get a bit of time off.

MOT is not till 18th Dec so plenty of time to get this done...:-)

Cheers.

Joe

1 hour ago, J88TEO said:

John,

Thanks. Will look into this "problem" when I get a bit of time off.

MOT is not till 18th Dec so plenty of time to get this done...:-)

Cheers.

Joe

You can take the broken rods off the car "only one 10 mm spanner size nut at each end of the rods", and repair them at your leisure without affecting the car in any other way. The rods being broken will affect the height of the headlamp beam, and also give the error. Fixing them should restore normal operation.
Keep the length of the repaired rods as close to there original length as possible.

John.

As far as TPMS is concerned the ECU is situated on top of the Sat/Nav unit. Plenty Utubes to show how. It's pretty straight forward and If I can find it then so can others.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links