Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS400 MK3 - Rear suspension arms - help info please

Hi, according to Amayama the LH/RH 'ARM ASSY, REAR SUSPENSION, NO.1' are no longer available for the LS400 MK3 94 -97 but the same arms for a 97 - 00 MK4 are listed as a possible replacement. Does anyone on here know if the 'ARM ASSY, REAR SUSPENSION, NO.1' arms for a 97 - 00 MK4 will fit and are ok for a 94 -97 LS400 MK3 or has anyone fitted them on a LS400 MK3? If anyone has any knowledge or experience of this then it would be appreciated.

I know there are a few suspension components (and others bits) for the Mk4 that can be used on the MK3 and if Amayama lists something as a 'possible' replacement then from my experience they are normally correct and they fit ok. On Amayama the parts numbers for the MK3 arms I don't think are correct as the website lists the same part number for both LH and RH but the descriptions are correct.

image.thumb.png.d7a16ef55d615772e973cac9afb4bf43.png

According to the 7zap site the two suspension systems for the Mark 3 and Mark 4 are the same and so are the part numbers for the part you describe.

To be sure of your facts before ordering check it out.

1 hour ago, ambermarine said:

According to the 7zap site the two suspension systems for the Mark 3 and Mark 4 are the same and so are the part numbers for the part you describe.

To be sure of your facts before ordering check it out.

Thanks, I have looked on 7zap as well but I can't be 100% sure. Because the original arms/part numbers are no longer available I don't really have a choice but to get the MK4 arms and take a chance. I'm ordering a lot of other bits as well from Amayama and the arms are £42.26 each plus postage and duty etc. The postage will be just slightly more if I order the arms as well as the other stuff, so I reckon the 2 x arms will cost me an extra £100. It's worth getting them and if they don't fit correctly I'm pretty sure I'll get my money back at the very least selling them on to someone else with a MK4 Ls400😉

1 hour ago, Razor61 said:

Thanks, I have looked on 7zap as well but I can't be 100% sure. Because the original arms/part numbers are no longer available I don't really have a choice but to get the MK4 arms and take a chance. I'm ordering a lot of other bits as well from Amayama and the arms are £42.26 each plus postage and duty etc. The postage will be just slightly more if I order the arms as well as the other stuff, so I reckon the 2 x arms will cost me an extra £100. It's worth getting them and if they don't fit correctly I'm pretty sure I'll get my money back at the very least selling them on to someone else with a MK4 Ls400😉

Paul If you check out the original manufacturers parts catalogue the part numbers for the 97 model diagram UCF 10R  are the same in the diagram showing the UCF 20R the 97-2000 mark 4 which suggests Lexus have updated the parts catalogue to incorporate the suspension for the now defunct 97 mark 3 model.

So this is why the part nos for that series are no longer quoted to save any confusion and Amayama are confident in their advice.

21 minutes ago, ambermarine said:
1 hour ago, Razor61 said:

Paul If you check out the original manufacturers parts catalogue the part numbers for the 97 model diagram UCF 10R  are the same in the diagram showing the UCF 20R the 97-2000 mark 4 which suggests Lexus have updated the parts catalogue to incorporate the suspension for the now defunct 97 mark 3 model.

So this is why the part nos for that series are no longer quoted to save any confusion and Amayama are confident in their advice.

Thanks Phil, that will do for me and will be ordering them along with all the other bits. I won't be fitting them just yet, they will be part of the rear end rebuild in the future. Hopefully I can source a secondhand rear sub frame assy to rebuild otherwise it will be removing all the suspension components from the car and then tidying up the current rear sub frame and treating/painting/coating where I can get to. Should be a lot better access once all the suspension is off the car. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links