Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus IS300H F Sport Takumi - Thinking of Buying - What to look out for?

Hi all, I am thinking about upgrading my 2003 IS300 Sport to a fairly recent (ish) IS300h F Sport. Now this is a big step for me as I have not bought a new car since 2003 when I got my IS300 from Lexus. I love this car but it is getting older and it uses quite a lot of fuel driving to and from the lake district.

I was thinking about an IS300h F Sport in black with black interior. Now should I go for the fancy Takumi F Sport model and is it possible to find the holy grail of a black one with takumi and mark levinson audio?

I was probably going for a 2016/17 model. I tested one yesterday at Lexus Hatfield and first impressions are good.

Anything to look out for? What price should I be looking at? I see some are shod in Dunlop tyres. My first thoughts were to sack those off and stick Pirellis on. Worthwhile?

Thanks so much!

The ride in my IS300h F Sport is quite hard - over some of the local roads which have been dug up repeatedly by the council and utilities, it does bang a lot. I've not driven a 300h on 17" wheels but I would imagine that they give a floatier ride like my IS250 did. I am an old fart though (52) and as I get older, being able to hurl a car round a corner is still satisfying, but not something which I feel compelled to do on a regular basis. If I were you, I'd drive the F Sport then one of the other models to see which ride you prefer. You'll notice a difference in mpg coming from an IS300, that's for sure!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links