Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello again.....Can anyone tell me where I can get a Diagnostic Fault Finder for my 1995 LS400 mark 3...or does anyone have one who lives nearby who can come and test it for me (well paid)...............Thanks to you all

Not sure if this helps you.  If you have a Rectangular diagnostic box sat in the engine bay then same as earlier models.

If a round pin type then its whereabouts may be in the Cabin?  Basically you read out the data as described.  Assume its OBD1 in which case there isn't a "reader" they started iwth OBD2.  

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/intro/codereading.html

Hello....Yes I bought one of the obd 2 and now i'm told that it won't work on my  1995......To be honest I'm 77 yrs of age and disabled, so i'm not at my best, brain wise....its got to the point when I don't know which way to turn...I'm very wary to take it to a Lexus dealer, because of the cost (pension) so I guess I will just have to soldier on, and see what happens...... I do thank you for your assistance, if you should think of anything else ...or anyone who could help, then please let me know..................Many Many Many Thanks.......... Roy.

Hello....The problem is I start the car in the morning and all warning lights go out.....approx 20 seconds later the engine light comes back on, then after approx 3-4 mins, and a couple of miles, it go's off again, and all is well again for the rest of the day irrespective of how times you start and stop the car...All is well for the rest of the day until the morning when it starts all over again....Do you think its something I should bother about ?  ....Thank you for your interest  Roy.

Roy, you may want to read the below thread.  It may apply and may not.  Your symptoms are partially (shall we say) mentioned OBD2 not responding.

If you don't have any running symptoms then it may not be the Capacitors.

Do you know the history of your Car? Do you know if the ECU Capacitors have been changed?  There are several threads on this forum as to where to go to have your ECU checked out and Capacitors replaced.  It was a large expnse for me but others have had the work done for a fraction of what I paid. 

Someone else may discount this as being the possible problem, so take Heart.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-1st-and-2nd-gen-1990-2000/656360-all-my-crazy-lexus-issues-solved-ecu-leaking-capacitor.html

Hello......... Wow that's some reply....The car is running good and is showing NO issues whatsoever, apart from the Engine light showing for a spell of 3-4 mins first thing in the morning, when the car is cold  .....It seems that when the engine is warm the fault goes away, and remains off for the rest of the day ???? ..I personally would need a brain transplant to try and understand all about capacitors, but I do respect the fact that the amount of time you must have spent sending me your reply is to say very very commendable.......I will print your reply and pass it on to a mechanic, and take it from there....but from me to you a special thank you................. Cheers Roy.

• Like 2