Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Android / Apple Carplay

3 minutes ago, Tel said:

I have got a 6 inch USB cable to facilitate my connection ( when installed) & when using ACP your phone battery will be charged.

You cannot avoid plugging-in your phone.

Tel

In the online instructions, it says you "must use a data certified cable" not just a charging cable.  Not really sure what that means - I use an original apple cable and it works, but if you have issues with other cables, that may be why.

6 hours ago, Tel said:

I have got a 6 inch USB cable to facilitate my connection ( when installed) & when using ACP your phone battery will be charged.

You cannot avoid plugging-in your phone.

Tel

Here's an option, but I'm not sure whether anyone would consider it reasonably priced: https://cplay2air.com/

• Like 1

When using ACP does Siri announce that you are approaching a fixed speed camera & prompt you to slow down if your approach is too fast ?

Tel

On 11/17/2020 at 8:30 AM, Tel said:

When using ACP does Siri announce that you are approaching a fixed speed camera & prompt you to slow down if your approach is too fast ?

Tel

Cameras are on the maps, yes.  Whether they warn you, like Waze, depends on if you have settings for warning turned on

• Like 1

Oooh - might get that.  Since I got my ACP upgrade for free it feels worth it....
Love this man's math. I'd get one immediately if one was available for Android.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Tom 

No

Raised with the experts @ Lexus UK as they are definitely too Quiet

Paul,

I will ensure when they install they set the warning to ON as SIRI informing you is the best warning as 'He" mutes the radio in our Aygo.

1 hour ago, Tel said:

Tom 

No

Raised with the experts @ Lexus UK as they are definitely too Quiet

Paul,

I will ensure when they install they set the warning to ON as SIRI informing you is the best warning as 'He" mutes the radio in our Aygo.

Hi Tel, apologies if this is a dumb question but what do you mean about setting the warning to on? Where is that done and can it only be done during installation?

4 hours ago, vu5ter said:

Love this man's math. I'd get one immediately if one was available for Android.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I'm getting ACP installed on Friday. I reckon I'll be buying it shortly after. I can't really justify the cost, but so what. 😁

16 hours ago, Paulaus said:

Cameras are on the maps, yes.  Whether they warn you, like Waze, depends on if you have settings for warning turned on

HI Paul, where exactly does one turn the warnings on in settings?

Cheers for your help... 🙂

My Lexus Nav is perfect because of the HUD but Speed Camera Dongs are very Quiet.

My Factory fitted Aygo ACP is perfect (except for the lack of a HUD) & Siri announces 30 MPH Speed Camera ahead etc.) Siri guidance is more frequent than Lexus & mutes the radio.

IF the Lexus After Market ACP is per the Aygo I will go ahead with the installation next week but if it is not I will not bother & assume my next Lexus with Factory-fitted ACP & HUD will be Perfect.

I drive regularly to Italy & hope to return one day.

Please Advise.

Terry

So I got the AA upgraded by Lexus last week. Not had a chance to properly play with with it, however it seems to be working OK - Google Maps and Waze seem to be working. 

Not so good things:

1) AA automatic start when phone is connected - not sure if this can be done... first time using AA in any car

2) Disconnecting AA - the MM unit returns to full screen rather than what it was before (Split screen)

If I figure out the above, and if it can be done, I'll put a post up on here

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2020 at 8:57 AM, villieb said:

So I got the AA upgraded by Lexus last week. Not had a chance to properly play with with it, however it seems to be working OK - Google Maps and Waze seem to be working. 

Not so good things:

1) AA automatic start when phone is connected - not sure if this can be done... first time using AA in any car

2) Disconnecting AA - the MM unit returns to full screen rather than what it was before (Split screen)

If I figure out the above, and if it can be done, I'll put a post up on here

Hi @villieb

With regards to your point 1 above, I have found that the best way to get AA to auto-start is to connect the phone to the car's USB port before starting the car. Also ensure that "Android Auto" has been selected as the "Preferred service" in the head-unit's settings (under "General" IIRC).

I do find that the system tends to deploy the last-used display option (AA or Lexus display) when starting up again, but as I use AA pretty much exclusively now it's not a problem for me.

Car Play up-date done & works perfectly with the HUD showing my speed & the Speed Limit of the Road

Siri announces all Fixed Speed Cameras & ,pleasingly, does not Mute the Radio,when giving Directions.

The Courtesy Car was a new RX that I did not have to pay for & the cost was £80 including VAT. Took 4 hrs including the Safety Check & Shampoo & Set inside & out.

Chuffed.

Tel

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pobrown said:

Might be of interest the CPlay2Air device has been discounted to £75 for Black Friday. 

https://cplay2air.com/products/cplaystreamer-wireless-adapter-for-factory-carplay-android-auto-module-and-mirror-link-feature

Agghhhhh Phil, that has made its seriously enticing! 🙂

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links