Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Android / Apple Carplay

Hi,  This may have been a previous topic but has anyone heard of the possibility of Android / apple Carplay being made available for our UK  NX300h cars.

I drive a 2019 model and I heard there was a possibility of this being on the horizon at some point..    anything to get over the awkwardness of using the, what

I find a non friendly 'Japanese' Infotainment system would certainly be a great advantage..      the latest brand new UX and I believe NX now have the feature,

surely it got to be a matter of a software update..    anyone know ?    

1 hour ago, Ed659 said:

Hi,  This may have been a previous topic but has anyone heard of the possibility of Android / Apple Carplay being made available for our UK  NX300h cars.

I drive a 2019 model and I heard there was a possibility of this being on the horizon at some point..    anything to get over the awkwardness of using the, what

I find a non friendly 'Japanese' Infotainment system would certainly be a great advantage..      the latest brand new UX and I believe NX now have the feature,

surely it got to be a matter of a software update..    anyone know ?    

Retrofits for recent NXs were to be available May this year but due to Covid, I believe it's been put back to October (or so). I'm waiting eagerly as well.

I was in my local Lexus dealership last week and was speaking to one of the main service engineers. He said they been LED to believe it will be available around October. There is a cost but it is believed Lexus are only going to charge £80 for it.

• Like 1

I have carplay in my new 2020 model and while the Iphone connects to it ok, I currently have a problem with low audio from siri - googling reveals I'm not alone.

Not wishing to contaminate this thread - see my post about carplay and low siri audio.

Thanks for this timdf911, forgive the pun, but that doesn't sound too good!..  so hopefully when and if after October an update comes available, I'll have to see if my android will function any differently. I wonder if you find the infotainment system much easier to operate through Carplay?

Hi Ed659 - see my post on siri being quiet - turns out carplay sets the voice volume to 1 by default. Not really had chance to play with it much yet - but initial impressions are it seems easier, apart from the audio level from siri which now seems ok.

• 1 month later...

20 hours ago, Ed659 said:

Thanks Phil,  so I have the MM17 on my car..   do you think it will be October onward when the android/apply car play will be available then?  

It looks like October at the moment - but could obviously slip again. Lexus UK tweeted the following reply a few days ago to a similar enquiry that an owner posted:-

"The apple CarPlay retrofit was scheduled for May, but as we're sure you know, something pretty major got in the way. Our centres are catching up on all their outstanding servicing work, and the retrofit will be released from October. "

So, fingers crossed.

• 4 weeks later...

The apple CarPlay  / Android Auto update has appeared on the tech website for NX/UX/ES models with navigation (MM17 systems)

I've just had a quick read - it takes around 1.5 hrs to install and involves three separate USB sticks.

215002284_Screenshot2020-09-14at19_36_29.thumb.png.d30667f59b7561493f0c1333a3625ac6.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pobrown said:

The Apple CarPlay  / Android Auto update has appeared on the tech website for NX/UX/ES models with navigation (MM17 systems)

I've just had a quick read - it takes around 1.5 hrs to install and involves three separate USB sticks.

215002284_Screenshot2020-09-14at19_36_29.thumb.png.d30667f59b7561493f0c1333a3625ac6.png

Yeeees! Finally. And it looks like you don't need to go dealer right? Who is gonna try first?

At laaaaast... !!...  so if its 3 usb's and 1.5hrs that a lot of data to numbercrunch..   so it looks data only and no hardware..  I think a trip to my dealer is on the cards

I’ve prepared all the USB sticks ready to go. 
I may try tomorrow but I may also ask my dealer - slightly worried about potential warranty issues. 
The installation has multiple steps and uses some of the three USB sticks more than once. 
it also requires the Nav maps to be on 2018v1 or newer. 

2 hours ago, pobrown said:

The Apple CarPlay  / Android Auto update has appeared on the tech website for NX/UX/ES models with navigation (MM17 systems)

@pobrown does it matter that it says 19MM or do the notes say its compatible with MM17

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links