Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Android / Apple Carplay

Or [mention=62995]vu5ter[/mention] within the setup screen, why don't you go to lexus online (assuming you setup your account). And see if you can update it through WiFi.

Did a quick test on the doorstep this evening and it does appear maps are updated ota. Car advised that the latest map version is 2020v1 and I started the download to test and it did appear to download over home WiFi. Didn't have time to let it finish though so cant confirm success but looking good so far

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jbi507 said:

That's good, begs the questions why they don't make all system updates ota going forward. 

The only drawback I can see with OTA updates is that they are likely to be several GBs of data in size. If, for logistical reasons, owners were unable to connect their car to their home Wi-Fi (e.g. being unable to park close enough to their home due to parking restrictions/availability), and had to rely on their phone's hotspot to connect to the internet - this would have a big impact on their monthly mobile data allowance.

If Lexus do go with OTA updates, I would hope that they maintain a "download" portal for owners to do it the old fashioned way.

7 hours ago, Andy B said:

only drawback I can see with OTA updates is that they are likely to be several GBs of data in size.

Yeah and also I guess trusting people not to turn their cars off during an update and breaking their system. 

@vegardo07 the main prerequisite is the version of your maps, it has to be 2018 v1.

But there seems to be a lot of discussion around whether it affects your warranty and the fact that it doesn't work for everyone. 

Therefore you might as well wait. 

Did a quick test on the doorstep this evening and it does appear maps are updated ota. Car advised that the latest map version is 2020v1 and I started the download to test and it did appear to download over home WiFi. Didn't have time to let it finish though so cant confirm success but looking good so far

Didn't realise that it was using my mobile hotspot to continue downloading and auto install. Not what was expected navdb is still 2018v2. Download appears to be regional update c06ab34b10b23def39c5bd7d7ca8c1cf.jpg0c7323afda4f13f10f869d42cdf8f522.jpg

Wow, what a difference now that my NX is now an android...    Worth every drop of 90 minutes of anxious wait..  I can even turn my lounge room lights on and off at home..!

Having plucked up the courage to try myself, I am not able to even start.

I have prepared the 3 memory sticks as per instructions and updated my maps to the latest version.

However, when I insert the first (blue) memory stick at stage 4 as advised when on the map page, I see the message that the stick is being read, and wait the 5 seconds or so, but nothing happens, despite several attempts.

Am I missing something obvious?

1 hour ago, sheri1 said:

Having plucked up the courage to try myself, I am not able to even start.

I have prepared the 3 memory sticks as per instructions and updated my maps to the latest version.

However, when I insert the first (blue) memory stick at stage 4 as advised when on the map page, I see the message that the stick is being read, and wait the 5 seconds or so, but nothing happens, despite several attempts.

Am I missing something obvious?

51 minutes ago, jbi507 said:

I had that issue, and it was fixed when I used a different USB stick 

Same happened to me. Different stick worked fine. 

On 9/19/2020 at 2:43 PM, pobrown said:

Just tried the wireless adapter. A bit fiddly to setup at first due to the way the remote touch controller interfaces with the setup screen, but once running appears to work well. 
Just been for a 20 min trip and Google Maps and my music ran perfectly. 

May we know a bit more about that CarPlay wireless adapter? How does it work now? Any freezes, any broken connections? Thanks for sharing.

19 hours ago, bartolini9 said:

May we know a bit more about that CarPlay wireless adapter? How does it work now? Any freezes, any broken connections? Thanks for sharing.

It has been very reliable. In fact today has been the only time it didn’t connect automatically.  I rebooted the media system and it connected fine. 
Here is a short video showing the boot up process with a wireless connection. 

As an add on to this thread, try Sygic for navigation.  I find it to be pretty good, especially with the cheap add on options (fixed and mobile speed cameras).  Nice interface and constantly updated.

Delighted to inform you that apple Car Play in my X-Cite has Speed Cameras with Siri stating the designated speed of the camera,Siri warns if your approach speed is too high & now shows all Traffic lights including those for Pedestrian Crossings 

Now cannot wait for my NX to be up-graded later this month.

Tel

IOS 14.1 up-date has resulted in the above so assume it is the Phone that is still the key Driver for Lexus Car Play.

Tel

Hi

I got about halfway through the instruction, finished the DCU and Navigation upgrade and turned the car off and on. Now the navigation system just says "loading navigation" and I can't proceed with the rest of the procedure (from point 5d and onwards). Anyone know what to do?

All of the posters on this thread appear to have quite recent models, does anyone know if this Carplay thing would be compatible with a 2014 model.

Is it possible to see Google maps or the Sygic app mentioned by Superduner if you plug your Iphone into the USB port in the centre console or is this the reason you need the special software.

Moleman, why not try to do as suggested to another previous post,  go on the Lexus Tech site and put your VIN in and see if it comes up with any updates.

I'm kind of puzzled as to why a 2019 premium nav system on a CT won't update..  my 2019 NX300 is similarly a Premium Sat Nav and has updated nicely.. 

maybe you have a different software system.. 

Don't forget that every Lexus model has different hardware in the entertainment system. For some models, the entertainment hardware was changed during the model's life, which is why for some models only some years are upgradeable. Newer hardware just needs updated software to add CarPlay functionality. Older hardware would need physical upgrades, and few manufacturers go to the trouble of developing after-market upgrades for old vehicle designs. The CT200h is a 2011 vehicle that's being discontinued in Europe this year, and was culled in the US in 2017. The good news is that third-party companies have stepped in to fill the gap.

Nick