Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Android / Apple Carplay

11 minutes ago, DanD said:

I remember my parents listening to RTL on trips... brings back memories! RTL is still going strong.

Not just memories Dan.....HAPPY MEMORIES, when all of  the radio stations were printed on the wavelength band and we didn`t know where all of the places were. I only knew 208 on the medium band was Radio Luxembourg !

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Not just memories Dan.....HAPPY MEMORIES, when all of  the radio stations were printed on the wavelength band and we didn`t know where all of the places were. I only knew 208 on the medium band was Radio Luxembourg !

And on a really clear night, moving the needle around on LW and finding faint, exotic sounding, European radio stations. Different times, but happy times!

Should add that I’m a huge convert to apple Car Play now, having had it for a few days. I was a sceptic, but it really is super and I’m very glad I had the update. Waze navigation is excellent!

• Like 2

Is anybody else finding Car Play quite ‘glitchy?’ On mine, anytime I try to move from (say) Spotify to Waze, or to another option it tends to freeze and the only solution is to wait until stopped and unlock my Iphone again.

Will speak to the dealer, just wondered if this is a common problem or something that is just expected with this system i.e. you shouldn’t try to switch between functions while on the move.

• 1 month later...

Hi all and hope you are keeping well.

I have apple Carplay and use apple maps predominantly (although the issue is the same with Google maps). The issue i have is the volume. Every journey I have perforated eardrums it is sooo loud 🙂  I have tried (and failed) with all the usual methods to turn volume to a more acceptable level, with no luck.

The next issue is I am on IOS15 beta and the described way to turn volume down, as in maps and volume, normal, etc is not there in IOS 15.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and apologies if i have missed this before.

Edited by sumospim
addition

25 minutes ago, RichieinScotland said:

With your phone, go to settings/maps/navigation&guidance, then try low volume 🙂

Cheers for reply Richard, but that's the issue in IOS 15 navigation and guidance isn't there 🤪 There are loads in maps but nothing about volume. In my partner's Ios 14, absolutely that's where i would have gone. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2021 at 5:57 PM, sumospim said:

Cheers for reply Richard, but that's the issue in IOS 15 navigation and guidance isn't there 🤪 There are loads in maps but nothing about volume. In my partner's Ios 14, absolutely that's where i would have gone. 

On 8/15/2021 at 5:57 PM, sumospim said:

Maybe that's why i couldn't find it either, so had to revert to the Iphone settings 🙂

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2020 at 11:42 PM, jbi507 said:

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade. All went without a hitch and its pretty straight forward (even though there are lots of steps) . 

Here are some pics, I thought I took a pic of the main map screen, but clearly didn't. 

1739451114_20200916_2216382.thumb.jpg.acd6cdb74725493757df7ca7fd308d53.jpg20200916_215249.thumb.jpg.f5065cb05249e10de99b858b82bc4d7e.jpg

Hey @jbi507, do you know where I can download these files from?

On 10/5/2021 at 7:29 AM, Daranger said:

Hey @jbi507, do you know where I can download these files from?

Hey @Daranger, had I known what I know now, with the issues some people have faced with their system being bricked. I wouldn't risk it and just pay lexus to do the upgrade. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi I have been told by one dealer in the UK the car needs to be 2019 onwards and then another dealer that cars with premium mag from 2018 onwards can have it. 

anyone from the UK had it installed on a 2018? Can you check online with the VIN or anything?

8 minutes ago, Jmholloway said:

Hi I have been told by one dealer in the UK the car needs to be 2019 onwards and then another dealer that cars with premium mag from 2018 onwards can have it. 

anyone from the UK had it installed on a 2018? Can you check online with the VIN or anything?

My NX was registered June 2018, and is a facelift Luxury spec with the larger navigation screen and touchpad controller. Lexus Swindon installed apple CarPlay without any issues.

3 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

My NX was registered June 2018, and is a facelift Luxury spec with the larger navigation screen and touchpad controller. Lexus Swindon installed Apple CarPlay without any issues.

I have the exact same specification (Luxury with Premium Navigation) registered in July 2018 and was able to have the Android Auto\Apple CarPlay retrofit installed successfully.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, fiszemfaszom said:

Does enyone know how mutch Lexus charge for android auto upgrade? Model nx 2018

Thanks for answers

It needs to be a late 2018 model (nov 2018 onwards - MY19). MY18 and below cannot be upgraded. Price was £80 a couple of years back. It is going to be in the £80 - £100 range I guess now.

My old NX was a Jan 2018 registered car and was successfully upgraded (larger wide Nav screen)
Some dealers did upgrades for free whilst carrying out a service, but most as Colin said charged between £80-£100. It takes quite a while to do and get right so I understand why there is a cost. If it goes wrong your entire media system is bricked. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links