Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tuning chip for Lexus IS200

George

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Removed the circuit board..& guess what??? Nowhere for the chip to go!!! They adveriste the chip, I bought the chip, they sent me the chip, which even has Lexus IS200 sport written on it!!! see pic:

Very very cheesed off i emailed them telling them what I thought & they told me to send them my ecu & they will reprog it & return it within 48Hrs. Ok fair enough, but thats not what I want, I wanted a chip that i could take in/out to reverse the process whenever i wanted & like I said to them 'I demand a full refund because if i knew thatwas the case from the start then I would never had purchased it!'

I havent had a reply yet!!!

Well we all know know!

Usually I would be absolutley steaming, especially after it taking me weeks & a few backhanders to get the Ecu screws out! At least we all know now & nobody else in the club has to waste their time & money on it! Thats what the clubs all about isnt it.

There is no way to put superchip in Lexus ecu or almost any new toyoya ecu. Reason is thta whole circuit contains own cip inside memory and its almost impossible reprog that without toyota own tools.

Any way i like to GReddy e-Management. bacause it cost only 370 USD with harness nad its possible to reverse installation easyly.

they told me to send them my ecu & they will reprog it & return it within 48Hrs. Ok fair enough

But would you really want to do this with a company that appears not to know their ecu from their elbow?

***** knows what you'd get back - then what? :o

• 2 years later...

I've sent my ECU to the guys at AUTOSPORT. The results were satisfying and according to detals, only that when I installed the SC I had to exchange ECU's with another is200 because of the excess timing generating detonation.

AUTOSPORT was an excellent choice !!!

0-1/4 mile: 4-5 five cars differece as specified.

George...I would go for it; it's the only reliable choice before SCing.

hy guys,

I found that a new eprom for is 200

181 hp and 238Nm  :huh: is this possible ?

mine is 55000 miles, is it too old to add a power chip?

Here is the french link (lexus is not on the UK page)

https://wb.lerelaisinternet.com/wb091/etape....asp?nomod1=614

That sounds extremely optimistic even if using aviation fuel, but please let us know how you get on if you try it.