Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tuning chip for Lexus IS200

George

I found a tuning company in Geneva, Switzerland that makes an E-PROM replacement chip for the IS200.

The power gain is about to 174 bhp and tourque to around 225 Nm. Thats pretty good.

Check it out at this site and click Lexus on the left hand menu. Also order and price info is given. The deliver in 48 hours. The prices is 440 EUROS + 120 EUROS for shipment.

I wondet if it is safe ? Will it screw up the CPU ? What do you think ?

I think this is one of the very few that offer a tuning chip.

http://www.autosport-fr.com/site_anglais/plateforme_ang.htm

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, that's tempting:tumble:

I don't think I can afford the SuperCharger, but would really like some extra power...

This seems to be an affordable way to get some extra:D:D:D It will certainly void the warranty on the engine, but mine is soon out anyway.

BTW, looks to me that the shipping is 13 EUROS, not 120.....

Found quite a few company's that sell powerchips but they dont list lexus at all...it's either too new for them to show or it's another company called powerchips!:rolleyes:

£ per hp that's sooooo much cheaper than the supercharger - I might just go for one once my warranty is up. OK who's going first to be guinea-pig? :wow:

Hey matt/morph what's your opinion of this thing compared to a sc? :?:

Hello

Chipping or any kind of engine management reprogramming is not an alternative to supercharging!!

Supercharging gives a massive increase in torque, whereas any gains from optimising the ignition and fuel parameters by remapping will give small but useful gains.

Mark :)

I think this chip can be a good deal. I have good faith in that it will deliver what it promises. Although I have some reservations about tampering with the ECU. But looking at the other cars in their line-up it seems trustworthy. I mean if Ferrari, BMW and Mercedes can trust them then Lexus should.

Someone should ask them how it works. I think you get a replacement EPROM. One can send a question to them from one of their links.

For around 550 EUROS total, not a fortune, you get around 174 bhp and 225 Nm. Thats some more than the new BMW 320i with the new 2.2 liter 170 bhp engine. It should also push 0-62 times from 9.2 sec to around 8.5 sec.

It's not an alternative for the kompressor but a good alternative by itself. And a good alternative to the kompressor's price of 6000 EUROS.

Who will try this and let us know ??

chipping has been around for years....It is trustworthy & it is a cheap alternative...but mark is right...it aint no supercharger baby:lol: but Im going for it anyway..because i know i'll just end up getting the supercharger at a later date & have even more grrrrrruuunt!!!!:lol:

I got a email back from "Superchips" today which read

"Thankyou for your enquiry regarding Superchips,unfortunately we cannot offer a conversion for the IS200 due to the nature of ECU/Ignition system"

or get a fully tuneable ECu like Motec to by pass the original ECU.

Im using the LINK ecu with my turbo setup. Below 5% throttle response the ECU is the brains, but once throttle is over 5% in use, the LINK ecu takes control.

Dboey can you explain the contradiction?????

Thankyou for your enquiry regarding Superchips,unfortunately we cannot offer a conversion for the IS200 due to the nature of ECU/Ignition system"

then you said??????

Powerchips, a good option to be considered with 22BHP gain on the IS200

a little confused,:?:

one chip manufacturer says it cannot do it,and another offers a 22bhp increase,

Hey Vic

Fitting the chip is likely to be quite tricky as it will involve desoldering an SMT chip.

If you buy the chip, why don't we fit it and do a before and after power run?

If it is any good perhaps we can offer it to other members.

All the best!

Mark

Oops..........sorry I forgot to mention not to expect too much from pre programmed chips or EMPROM's. It's a bit of a lottery really as the same chip can work really well on one car and not at all on another.

We found that being a Superchip dealer and fitting pre programmed chips, is not as good as a custom mapped chip.

Not exactly ground breaking information, but something to be aware of, as pre programmed chips will always be considerably cheaper.

Mark

Yea, sounds like a good idea to me mark!

like I was saying....it can only be a worthy add on.. which if it doesnt make a big increase on my stock engine....it will def be good for when ive got the supercharger slapped on!! I'll order the chip from them today & when my cars out of the garage I'll bell you!

Originally posted by Leexus

Another company in Switzerland who does a tuning chip for the IS200:

Link

very interesting results r posted by this Swiss company:

Increase of the power of 14 [CV] (hp, i think?)

Increase of the torque 14 % [Nm]

Price 660 [CHF] 399 [€] (VAT included)

Shipping fees 15 [CHF] 10 [€] (VAT included)

Experts here care to comment?

I would like to take this opportunity to share my experience on Unichip

Due to a 'screw-up'* in the rewiring** of my Unichip, my car stalled unreasonably when the engine load is high - aircon working very hard to cool a cabin temp of 38 degree celcius). This happened a week ago and it was after a local Lexus Club Meeting). I was later forced to unplug the Unichip and drive my car 'stock' for about a few hours before getting it rectified.

during the 'stock' drive, i came to realise that the car response were not as good - pick up slower. The 'downgraded' effect was obvious. even my partner could comment that the car was not as agile in sppeding up.

Thus, the Unichip actually works in my case and I can say that it is not a mere placebo effect.

Maybe I should spend some money to get dyno-readings of the before and after effect. Any sponsors? :D:D:D

*someone 'screw-up' by tapping the power supply line to Unichip from the air-con wire...grrrrr.....

** the unichip has not caused my car to stall for 2 months after i had the power supply to Unichip connected to the Battery. This configuration is not healthy for the chip becos a direct power supply from the Battery means continous powering the unichip even when the engine is off. A tuner suggested to connect from the Battery terminal via a relay - power supply will only be on when the engine is running.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links