Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

timing chain replacement interval - and other parts replacement intervals.can you help please.

bladest

Hi people i am new owner of ct200h ,

my car is around 300,000 miles, used a lot from previous owners, i have some history of the car , can someone tell me where i need to replace timing chain, 

what is the miles/km interval, also what is the interval for shocks and springs etcs...

also how much will parts for timing chain cost, i will do it in garage not lexus dealership.

Please advice.

Also are all of the ct200h have vdim fitted as standart if not how i can double check.

thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, bladest said:

Hi people i am new owner of ct200h ,

my car is around 300,000 miles, used a lot from previous owners, i have some history of the car , can someone tell me where i need to replace timing chain, 

what is the miles/km interval, also what is the interval for shocks and springs etcs...

also how much will parts for timing chain cost, i will do it in garage not lexus dealership.

Please advice.

Also are all of the ct200h have vdim fitted as standart if not how i can double check.

thanks in advance.

I'm not aware of recommended interval for replacing timing chains, if the engine has had the oil changed at the correct time it should be ok.  The exception would be if it became noisy, although at 300k it may give you peace of mind to have it done.  As far as suspension goes it's just pot luck, I wouldn't think of replacing them unless they became faulty or were mentioned on an MOT/service. It's likely they've been done anyway with that mileage.

• Like 1

As above, difficult to put a distance on the timing chain - there isn't a scheduled interval that Toyota provides. In theory the chain in a hybrid should last longer as the engine isn't always on compared to a conventional vehicle.

I guess the correct answer is when the tensioner has fully extended so it can no longer take up any slack - no idea how easy it is to inspect the tensioner on that particular engine.

Shocks - manufacturers state around 50k miles but in reality should be okay to 100k before there would be a noticeable difference between those worn shocks and new ones - most people never change then until they get an MOT failure. Springs normally last longer, they don't have seals that wear out for example - you would probably never replace unless one is heavily corroded, snaps, or a corner of the vehicle has sagged.

I don't think the UK CTs were ever described has having VDIM - it was a term/system that had stopped being used by the time the CT was launched - they all have the same stability and traction control across all grades.

Hi Joro

I was very interested to see how many miles are on your CT.. As we all know there are many very high mile Prius out there as many are used as Ubers and cabs.  

I too have a high mileage CT and was wondering what sort of things have gone wrong or hopefully not within its history!? Has it ever had new pistons do you know due to excessive use of oil? How old is the car to have achieved that sort of interstellar miles!? It fascinates me and I'm a big fan of cars that really can go on forever... I am on 168K now.  Thanks 

Check the timing marks of the engine. If they align exactly against their reference marks, then your timing chain is ok. The quality and the frequency of the engine oil change influences to a geat extend the wear of all parts.

Chris.

So car is bought used it had several owners,

in regards of timing chail will i see check engine light on or how i will find out if its time for change?

Also, can someone somehow check if ct200h have vdim or not because i cannot find other than information that all lexuses in the range have fitted with that but how i can be sure if it wasnt additional extra option per cost?

1 minute ago, bladest said:

So car is bought used it had several owners,

in regards of timing chail will i see check engine light on or how i will find out if its time for change?

Also, can someone somehow check if ct200h have vdim or not because i cannot find other than information that all lexuses in the range have fitted with that but how i can be sure if it wasnt additional extra option per cost?

What is VDIM ?

If the chain doesn’t chatter leave it alone. (Highly unlikely it does).
There’s no servicing to be done to it.
Most things wear out over time so just check suspension items for play or perished bushes etc.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk