Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This generated 0% discussion on the LC forum 😞 so I have come back to the trusty F chat! And considering it is a future F-car (or was) thought it might generate some more chat here.

Since the early days/ rumours, I have been super keen to see what the LCF might become, especially when it actually became a reality. However, I follow a youtube channel that is Toyota/ Lexus obsessed and I came across this video, taken with a pinch of salt as it is 'rumoured' - but thought it might be worth a post if others had a watchful eye on LCF news. I for one need this to be nothing more than a rumour as I super wanted to check one out come production time.

Who knows what they are up to, but it would be a shame to lose the halo car. It would be out of my reach anyway

If they bring the new IS 500 to the UK that could appear on my short list

"Rumors of an IS 500 first started in Japanese magazine MAG-X, which claimed Lexus would use their 2UR-GSE 5.0L V8 to create the spiritual successor to the original IS F. Motor Trend followed up with a report suggesting it would instead be powered by the LS 500’s 3.5-liter twin-turbo V6. Given the IS 500 nameplate over the IS F, the TTV6 seems a more likely option."

• Like 1

PS

You wrote "This generated 0% discussion on the LC forum 😞 so I have come back to the trusty F chat!"

Reading the LC Forum from time to time draws me to the conclusion that LC owners are very different people to us F..ers

• Like 3

You are sort of right but for different reasons to what you might imagine. If other LC500 owners are like me then a "racing high performance" version of the LC is not what you are looking for and holds little interest. If I wanted this type of car I would have bought a McLaren.

The LC500 V8 is tons fast enough and I can hardly use the performance now let alone in an F version. You can also drive quietly and smoothly in traffic which is the case for 90% of the time. This is why an LC-F would be a bit pointless and has been shelved because it would be unacceptable to the target market (i.e. older "cruisers" who want a nice car and have the money).

BTW, in the video, the rear wing is horrible. The wheels are quite keen though... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, malcolmw said:

This is why an LC-F would be a bit pointless and has been shelved because it would be unacceptable to the target market (i.e. older "cruisers" who want a nice car and have the money).

Maybe they want to entice younger speed demons? 😉😆

I agree that it is going to be way more power than we'll ever need, part of my lack of interest in most of zee German alternatives to my GSF is the big willy numbers (and pants reliability), utterly pointless. BUT... I would quite fancy something made by Lexus to be different (ish). I'd sell organs to own and drive an LFA...

Also the bit about the LC forum not generating any discussion wasn't a dig, just thought it might spark some interest or maybe in some cases as you mentioned, disinterest! Always keen to see how others feel about upcoming Lexus models!

I'm still gonna hold out that it comes to fruition!

Although I was looking forward to seeing the LC F I agree with malcolmw the LC is plenty fast enough for road use. I also think that the market it was aimed at is probably more than catered for at the moment with German marques.

Not sure about the spoiler though, perhaps Lexus should just stick to the formula that works i.e. quirky cars like the RC F and LC, after all I still think the RCF Track Edition was a waste of time, just call it a Sport version. As I mentioned earlier for the price of the Track Edition you could buy a decent late secondhand RC F then do what I did some time ago if you really want to go on track buy a VX220 Turbo or Caterham you'll have much more fun.  Plus for the £20K plus you've saved it will insure both cars and get you track day insurance for 10-12 trackdays a year for your choice of track day car.

• Like 2

At the risk of straying off topic the thought of an IS 500 interests me no end. In fact I would become all giddy if there were to be a estate version as a performance load lugger covers most of my vehicle requirements in one. It would be oh so much more appealing than an Rs4 or C63 estate IMHO.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 11:44 AM, B1RMA said:

Not sure about the spoiler though

think the picture is a 'render' and makes use of LFA wing and wheels, I think the spy shots from testing didn't have such a wing on the rear... am I a bad person if I like it though? haha!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MNMJ said:

Me too, even if they resurrected the dodgy Sportcross name from the IS Mk 1, it would still be on the radar

We need to start a campaign 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2020 at 5:11 PM, malcolmw said:

You are sort of right but for different reasons to what you might imagine. If other LC500 owners are like me then a "racing high performance" version of the LC is not what you are looking for and holds little interest. If I wanted this type of car I would have bought a McLaren.

The LC500 V8 is tons fast enough and I can hardly use the performance now let alone in an F version. You can also drive quietly and smoothly in traffic which is the case for 90% of the time. This is why an LC-F would be a bit pointless and has been shelved because it would be unacceptable to the target market (i.e. older "cruisers" who want a nice car and have the money).

BTW, in the video, the rear wing is horrible. The wheels are quite keen though... 

This was my sentiment entirely in my comment over on the LC sub-forum post. It turns a classy car into a trashy one.