Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello everyone,
A previous owner "canceled" (cancelled) an update to the Navigation system.
Probably because it takes nearly two hours with the ignition on.

This has caused a problem because the machine refuses to update
until the previous update is completed.

Is there a way to set this up to a default so I can start again and update with
my update?

Many thanks
Great forum
Kingell

navdata1.jpg

It should be showing Map  ID  *************** when you get the uodate that ID has to match and your ID is Missing

You could rebbot the system

press start twice without pressing the brake

Thanks KayCee - I removed the ID from the picture because the numbers are needed when buying updates. I have the ID number on the display.

This is it minus the last three digits. Do I need that number?

Press start twice?? One after the other straight away? Does this reset the Navigator? Thanks for the advice.

navdata2.jpg

Yes I believe so was told by my Local Lexus if i had any little problems to press start  twice and wait 10 secs this ensures all cpus are booted and reset  I have never  had to do it mind.

If you have your update which by the way you have to give them your ID Num for it to work (it cannot be used more than once) you have to download it to a 64mg Memory stick then put it in the slot  one press of button then follow Instructionsit takes approx 90 min but its best to go for a long drive if you feel unsafe leaving it running.

By the way mine said same  "Last update was cancelled and i updated mine and it showed the date of uodate but still says Last update cancelled so i dont think that as anything to do with it it will work if you have the correct update

you should try toyotamapsonline google it.

but i think the bloke at lexus who thought that up needs sacking in 15 they changed it to a sd card that takes just a few mins aww well

hope you can get it sorted i have the 18 in but 20 is now out at toyotamaps.online

Robert

1 hour ago, KayCee said:

Yes I believe so was told by my Local Lexus if i had any little problems to press start  twice and wait 10 secs this ensures all cpus are booted and reset  I have never  had to do it mind.

By the way mine said same  "Last update was cancelled and i updated mine and it showed the date of uodate but still says Last update cancelled so i dont think that as anything to do with it it will work if you have the correct update

you should try toyotamapsonline google it.

I pursued this route to obtain the update and was presented with my difficulty. I've now double pressed the start and it tells me to go to my dealer when I try to update. The double start also shut off my cruise control but I've got that back. Lovely cars - sad management and deployment.

Hi Mike

Have you been on the site for updates it says there is a TSB for some gen 7 Systems that wont allow updates

check it out

also the USB stick must be FAT32

if it says check dealer i would

I cant help much more than that

Robert

the tsb states that if your unit wont update and there a few of them it shows some id nums

the tsb states that the unit will be replaced FOC

but make sure that your usb stick is fat 32 and 64mb and you have the code that the vendor has given you to enter before the update will begin

robert

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links