Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

EGR valve for Avensis/RAV4 compatible with IS220D?

Blazzz

Hi all. My IS220d's EGR valve has gone, lockdown hasn't done it much good.

I've tried searching the forum but couldn't find an answer.

I've just come across this part: https://www.autodoc.co.uk/magneti-marelli/13823802

The OEM numbers match the ones on the EGR but that has obviously left me wondering- if this EGR is also found on Toyota's other engines why are the Lexus ones more expensive?

Another example of the same part, which is double the price (but also unbranded) is https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-LEXUS-IS220-IS220D-2005-2012-DIESEL-2AD-FHV-OE-QUALITY-EGR-VALVE-GASKETS/323802377191?fits=Car+Make%3ALexus|Model%3AIS|Cars+Type%3A220d&hash=item4b64202be7:g:6uMAAOSw0VZbq0q3.

What am I missing here guys? Does adding "Lexus" to the part automatically mean it will cost more?

Cheers.

Hi Taps and welcome to the LOC and the world of Lexus parts pricing.

It’s always been the same with Lexus parts...the mere mention of Lexus can double the price of the same part fitted to a Toyota model.

The engine fitted to the IS220d and the Avensis is the same one a 2.2 litre turbo charged unit designated 2ADFHV so the EGR valve is going to be the same. The RAV 4 appears to have the 2.0 litre TD engine 1ADFTV which without checking is probably the same as fitted to the IS200d.

Another example is the steering column motor for the Lexus Ls430, the same motor is fitted to the Toyota Landcruiser but the price is much lower.

My advice...buy the Toyota one 😀

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the prompt responses-

Car's been in limp home mode so haven't bothered to drive it for the past week. I did get a Bluetooth OBD2 scanner, cleared the code,

filled up with Shell V-Power diesel and diesel cleaner, took it on a motorway blast for 40 mins at 3-3500rpm but as soon as I got back home

the error code came up again.

I'll take a punt- after all if the part isn't compatible I will just return it.

I'll provide an update on how it goes.

Cheers

Update- so mechanic came round earlier and the part fits. He had to switch the motor round because it was facing the wrong way (down instead of up)- says it won't affect the functionality. But error code is gone- I will take the car for a run later after work. 

Quite chuffed- saved a few quid with that.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links