Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front camera installation

Having just fitted a front camera to my Motorhome (Cannot see the front from the Drivers seat) and having read a previous note on here on a standard fit front camera got me wondering not if it would be possible to fit one on my 2016 Luxury model but if i did could the screen be used?

Has anybody done this like the previous contributor I also only have inches to spare with the mirror in to do a sharp righthand swing into my garage.

Thanks folks

David

• 1 month later...

philipedwardsone@gmail.com

Hi David.  My local Lexus dealer tells me that they've never tried to retrofit a camera but you can retrofit sensors - rough cost £1,400!  I think not!.  Will just have to keep on guessing where the front is.  Phil

On 8/21/2020 at 4:46 PM, Phil E said:

philipedwardsone@gmail.com

Hi David.  My local Lexus dealer tells me that they've never tried to retrofit a camera but you can retrofit sensors - rough cost £1,400!  I think not!.  Will just have to keep on guessing where the front is.  Phil

I would expect a Luxury model to have the sensors 😉 

I must admit that the bird view camera experience is something I miss a bit but over here it only comes in the fully loaded model which is actually called Luxury. Funny how every country seems to have different model specs and names.

I must admit that when I bought my Luxury model it did come with loads of extras as it was the Service Managers car so came with Sat Nav, mats, sensors front and rear, quite a few other goodies.

Reason for asking have just fitted camera and parking sensors to the back and front of my Renault Master Wildax campervan.

David