Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

Can anyone give me an rough idea of how much a stainless steel exhaust system will cost for a Series 3 GS300 (2005-2011), Lexus prices are a bit steep!

I'm looking for the centre section and one of the manifolds with cat (bank 1), the bank 2 manifold was replaced last January by Lexus. The rear section has already been replaced by the previous owner.

thanks

Hi Andrew..

I had cat back made up for £550.  It would have been £500 had they not needed to cut back past one of the O2 sensors.  Hope this helps...Mark.

I paid 900 cat back powerflow 

Sounds nice and not loud

At the time I could not find anything off the shelf and need the car to be on the road pretty quickly and so went to my local powerflow dealer

On 7/19/2020 at 8:50 AM, royoftherovers said:

Ask Tony Banks in Leeds.

John,

I am a wee bit too far from Leeds....

Longlife at Wallington quoted me that figure which is, to me, a bit excessive.

I did a temp. repair for the time being.

Am looking at aftermarket ones...a couple of sellers on eBay...

Cheers.

Just now, J88TEO said:

John,

I am a wee bit too far from Leeds....

Longlife at Wallington quoted me that figure which is, to me, a bit excessive.

I did a temp. repair for the time being.

Am looking at aftermarket ones...a couple of sellers on ebay...

Cheers.

Thanks Joe. I suggested asking TB so you could get a feel for the ballpark cost against which to compare others.

Good luck and do let us all know how it goes.

1 minute ago, royoftherovers said:

Thanks Joe. I suggested asking TB so you could get a feel for the ballpark cost against which to compare others.

Good luck and do let us all know how it goes.

John,

When they say "cat back" - do they mean from the 2nd set of cats backwards?

The blowholes are before the the 2nd set of cats...just after the sensors.

10 minutes ago, J88TEO said:

John,

When they say "cat back" - do they mean from the 2nd set of cats backwards?

The blowholes are before the the 2nd set of cats...just after the sensors.

Joe, it is not always possible to understand what the spoken word actually means as what one says or implies is not always understood in the way it was meant.

I think that you should be very specific in your choice of words whenever communicating.Send an image if you can so that words cannot be misunderstood or misinterpreted.

eg, in your choice of words above, could you have said "between the cats and the sensors?"

I will tune in/ listen/watch/ follow with interest !!

Regards

John

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Joe, it is not always possible to understand what the spoken word actually means as what one says or implies is not always understood in the way it was meant.

I think that you should be very specific in your choice of words whenever communicating.Send an image if you can so that words cannot be misunderstood or misinterpreted.

eg, in your choice of words above, could you have said "between the cats and the sensors?"

I will tune in/ listen/watch/ follow with interest !!

Regards

John

John,

Thanks.

I have been trying to contact them, after the initial email, but no joy.....

Will try another time....

"This would typically be from the secondary cats, as all cat back systems, they do not remove any cats. However if you want to remove the secondary cats I can take the system from the primary cats.
The effect on the emissions vary."

This is the reply I got.... I do not want to remove the cats!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links