Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dab radio

Nigel Haslam

Hi all, this is my second Lexus. 

My current vehicle is a 2010 rx450h that we have owned for about one year. 

I am disappointed in the dab radio as there is limited channels and poor reception, I am in Derbyshire and not sure if reception is good. 

I would appreciate any guidance Please 

Regards Nigel 

• 2 weeks later...

I've written a couple of posts about the DAB system and how difficult it is to deal with on some Lexus models. If you're already familiar with switching between Multiplexes (or Ensembles as Lexus calls them - on the IS at least) then what I wrote earlier may not help you. But if you don't know what an Ensemble is (and there's no reason you should!) then maybe my earlier posts may help. Bear in mind that my description is based on the IS300h but it might be similar in a 2010 RX450h.

Here's a link to my latest post on DAB radio, on the launch of Times Radio and how to tune in to it in the car.

And here's another thread from last year of people complaining about DAB radio. The explanation I wrote is the sixth post down.

11 hours ago, Thackeray said:

I've written a couple of posts about the DAB system and how difficult it is to deal with on some Lexus models. If you're already familiar with switching between Multiplexes (or Ensembles as Lexus calls them - on the IS at least) then what I wrote earlier may not help you. But if you don't know what an Ensemble is (and there's no reason you should!) then maybe my earlier posts may help. Bear in mind that my description is based on the IS300h but it might be similar in a 2010 RX450h.

Here's a link to my latest post on DAB radio, on the launch of Times Radio and how to tune in to it in the car.

And here's another thread from last year of people complaining about DAB radio. The explanation I wrote is the sixth post down.

I did a 600 mile round trip two weeks ago and the DAB did not work.  My Husband had a think and unplugged the Lexus dashcam and the radio started working.

We took it to Lexus last Friday at 9am for them to look at it.  4pm they gave the car back to us and said they needed to contact Lexus HQ and want us to go back.  They said they had never heard of it before. 

I did get a free bag of  Lexus mint imperials while I waited between 2pm & 4pm!

3 hours ago, Fender 32 said:

the DAB did not work.  My Husband had a think and unplugged the Lexus dashcam and the radio started working

Was it just the DAB that didn't work? Or did the radio not work at all, including FM?

5 hours ago, Fender 32 said:

Just the DAB

I don't know if you still have to do this on the latest UX but have you tried switching to a different Ensemble? Maybe you're tuned to a local Ensemble which went out of range as you went on your 600 mile trip.

11 hours ago, Fender 32 said:

It was Planet Rock which is nationwide and only on DAB

Planet Rock is on the SDL National Ensemble, (the same as Times Radio mentioned in the thread above) so as you say, it should be nationwide.

What happens when you select "Manual" and switch to a different Ensemble? If you switch to the BBC Ensemble, for example, does this not work either?

On 8/6/2020 at 11:16 AM, Fender 32 said:

Tried it on Radio 2 but it didn't keep a signal.  I'm gonna have to start singing!

If Radio 2 worked for a bit and then stopped working and then came back again, maybe the dealer is right in thinking there's a fault in the aerial. Hope they succeed in sorting it out. It would be interesting to hear the outcome.

On 8/10/2020 at 4:04 PM, Mr Vlad said:

If its more than replacing the aerial to get DAB and its Planet Rock is your station then download their app and stuff DAB. Use Bluetooth to play PR (or any music you want).

I don't keep Bluetooth switched on as I was told many years ago not to keep it on. Plus my phone is usually in my bag and not to hand.

I just want my Planet Rock on DAB!

• 1 month later...

Rang Lexus yesterday as had heard nothing and they are in contact with the  camera manufacturers. Apparently they have had a lot more complaints since my initial one. SOOOOOOOOO, STILL WAITING

• 1 month later...

They took the Lexus and had the camera manufacture look at it.  Apparently more people are now reporting the problem.   

Unfortunately it has made no difference, so back to the drawing board.

Blimey. Since you're still waiting why not use a cable from your pone to an AUX socket and use that to play Planet Rock. No need to use Bluetooth. Download their app or better still Tunein Radio app. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links