Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1st time at drag strip

Took my ISF to a run what you brung day at Santa pod. With hindsight I probably shouldn’t have had a boot full of junk and a nearly full petrol tank. IIRC got under 13, just. But is quite a while ago. Car was completely stock. 

Hi Jon, my car has muffler delete, Battery relocated to boot, 285/30 tyres on rear. All the rest stock.

Weather is looking better now, patchy cloud, about 13c in morning and strip is at sea level. Fingers crossed for a 12 and a half pass.

Its tomorrow Steve, glad it's not today, the amount of rain here in Scotland the traction light would be flashing all day lol

It's to be dry tomorrow, hope to get first run done about 1000hrs. Will post time after first run. No time slips due to covid regs, but hope times are on there website within a few days.

First time was at the pod last year.

Quickest I ran was a 13.1, it wasn't as easy to get into the 12's as I expected tbh.

This was all using auto and sport mode, I didn't get enough runs to really experiment with manual mode so that's where I'd hope to get into the 12's next time, plus my rear tyres were getting on a bit.

Car was launching fantastic, you can be really aggressive off the line, I was getting some screaming from the tyres all the way into 3rd (no traction control lights though) which makes me doubt the tyres.

Drop the tyre pressure, do a burn out and don't be scared to launch hard (holding it on the brake with left foot) would be my advise. It's addictive!!

I went with my uncle in his stang 5.0 and had a great day (and beat the stang every time!!) have fun!

Hi Kevin, great meeting you as well.

I've got the bug now for the drag strip, I know our cars are not ideal but it will be some challenge over the years lol to hit the magic 10 seconds lol

1 hour ago, Mark6pot said:

Hi Kevin, great meeting you as well.

I've got the bug now for the drag strip, I know our cars are not ideal but it will be some challenge over the years lol to hit the magic 10 seconds lol

Headers , supercharger next then if your aiming for 10s ! 

2 hours ago, Mark6pot said:

Times from today, unpreped surface.

Its 2 pages, 1st page had first 4 runs, 2nd page also had first 4 runs so I folded them out the way.

15957805539905090502223376007968.jpg

There was no way I done that many runs, just noticed some runs are listed twice.

Going back on the 9th of August if weather is dry, will have the same tyres on, bridgstone potenza re050a, going to be removing spare wheel and other stuff, clean MAF and block of intake area from sucking in heat from engine, plus find a quiet road and experiment with the 60ft times. On the day will be waiting with bonnet, hood up, to help cooling as you could feel the effect of heat soak. 

Spark plugs, Air filter, Oil filter, Engine oil are only 500 miles old.

Will be posting here with any mods and drag times as I go forward with this  new addiction. Lol

I did dome research into cheap wins after my last run, determined to get into the 12's! Some suggested a set of rear alloys with slicks would be one of the cheapest way to gain time, others suggested this would only make a different once running over 500rwhp.

Not sure what I believe as the guys taking it serious with stripped out sub 2.0 cars running nowhere near that sort of power, were all running slicks.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, 2nd time at drag strip today was much better after cleaning MAF and throttle flap, my launches are better to.

Still no weight reduction, car had spare wheel still.

Mods are muffler delete.

285/30-19 bridgstone potenza re050a.

I'm so happy getting into the 12s.

1596988211042278258765322913469.jpg

• Like 1

Used manual mode, sport mode, traction control still on.  2 weeks ago I mashing the gas pedal and the car kills power a wee bit, Sunday past I was left foot braking and holding revs at 1150 and just before green light I would release the brake pedal that way I'm on the move same time as the green light then try to apply throttle over a period of about 1.5 seconds then just keep it hard on the floor and go up the gears right after the beep.

MAF cleaning helped more in the second half of the quarter.

Our cars are beasts on the strip at speeds from 2nd gear onwards, what ever time we can reduce our 60 foot by that time is trippled at the end. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links