Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So, enjoying my ownership of the LS600hl and my power door blinds seem to have a little issue. The mesh is missing almost as though it had been cut....any ideas on who can affordably repair this (don't say lexus please!) 

Photos for illustration and humour purposes....

If anyone has an instruction guide to how this is assembled even better, I can try DIY! 

IMG_20200721_160922.jpg

IMG_20200721_160931.jpg

IMG_20200721_160939.jpg

IMG_20200721_160948.jpg

For 4 Euro's, you can  view official Lexus workshop manuals from their website  (https://www.lexus-tech.eu/).... 

I tend to do this for all work on my cars, to ensure I have the proper procedures... .   Especially worthwhile if you need to remove trim panels, as they show you where all the clips are.

The website is difficult to get started (I suspect on purpose, they have to do it for EU rules, but not in their interest to make it easy!).  but for 4Euro, you get an hour, which is enough for most jobs

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bluesman said:

Try you tube for how to repair power door blinds.

Very good idea. Spent the last few nights on that rabbit hole - weirdly no videos on tinting the ls600hl with power door blinds either (short term fix). My thought process was "Surely there must be a video on YouTube covering this", or even "how to dismantle the rear door AND blind" so i can take the components apart, but there was nothing at all - which surprised me. That being said, given the number of these vehicles sold worldwide and the Lexus famed over engineered components - should it have been such a surprise? This issue may be the exception rather than the rule. 

4 hours ago, jumbojake said:

For 4 Euro's, you can  view official Lexus workshop manuals from their website  (https://www.lexus-tech.eu/).... 

I tend to do this for all work on my cars, to ensure I have the proper procedures... .   Especially worthwhile if you need to remove trim panels, as they show you where all the clips are.

The website is difficult to get started (I suspect on purpose, they have to do it for EU rules, but not in their interest to make it easy!).  but for 4Euro, you get an hour, which is enough for most jobs

Will give this a go and keep the forum posted on progress....

5 hours ago, cruisermark said:

I think the best option would be try to source replacement (used ) blinds and then swap them over - hopefully the come away from the door without too much trouble

Thanks cruisermark - This will be the fall back option when I inevitably give up on the DIY.......Destroy It Yourself