Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SC430 buying advice.

david foster

I am travelling a great distance on Friday to look at a 2005 facelift and would welcome any buyting advice.  I have seen in the past on this forum specific buying advice for this car but cannot trace it now.  Any advice welcome.  I would add that the car has just had a service so condition of the oil will not disclose anything.  New MOT with hardly an advisory.

Many thanks.

15 hours ago, david foster said:

I am travelling a great distance on Friday to look at a 2005 facelift and would welcome any buyting advice.  I have seen in the past on this forum specific buying advice for this car but cannot trace it now.  Any advice welcome.  I would add that the car has just had a service so condition of the oil will not disclose anything.  New MOT with hardly an advisory.

Many thanks.

Can you provide a link to the advert David as we might know of the car?

• Like 1

I do not expect you will know of the car, it is a one owner from new and she was never in the SC Owners Club.

I remember seeing some guidance on this forum but cannot trace it now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your offer in any event.

3 minutes ago, david foster said:

I do not expect you will know of the car, it is a one owner from new and she was never in the SC Owners Club.

I remember seeing some guidance on this forum but cannot trace it now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your offer in any event.

One thing for sure is you want the cambelt and water pump to have been replaced, and with proof.  I'm not an SC owner but I know you need to be sure the roof operates perfectly.  If it has full service history and good MOT history that's obviously a good sign. Exhausts can corrode so check for any leaks but that should show in past MOT's. Assuming it has the ML music system it needs to be clear with no "buzzing" from the speakers.  Like any car you need to listen for bangs and knocks over bumps. They are robust cars and I know I'm biased but the 4.3 engine is superb!  Transmission also needs to be smooth and seamless.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links