Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rude Boss

sorry to hear about your woes mate ;)

couldnt be happening to a nicer bloke

lets hope he gets his come uppance in one way or another

next time he starts ranting, just get up and walk away or turn your back on him, and ignore him, pretend he is not there

it sounds like he is itching for you to react, so play the opposite

you seem in my opinion a calm and collective person, he probably see`s you as an easy target

if all else fails, im sure mat can muster up a few work colleagues, with their tools of their trade, to shape him up :D

I had a similar problem at work once. If you can join a union, then i'd recommend it as its a form of covering your back, and they also can give you free legal advise and how to tackle the problem in hand. I also kept back-up copies of all the e-mails i was sent, by printing them and forwarding them onto my home e-mail account. I also kept my head down and did my job so that there was no dirt on me. I found this method to be the best way of "sticking it to the man". Might not work for everyone though.

i would suggest citing both the offender of the "harrasment at work" and also the MD for not taking any action.

The i think that as the MD has not taken any action that he is very likely incompetant and has little understanding of employment law. which is to your advantage.

Gain evedence and write a formal letter to your manager notifying him of your displeasure. Date all letters as they will be vital to proving that they did not take any action.

Once a letter of complaint has been recieved they have to take some form of action plus you will be able to use the letters as evedence. plus you should request some form of reply from them to ensure that action will be taken.

Go to see the citizens advise beureau as they will advise you on all avenues you can take.

and iff all else fails im sure there are a few of us here who would be willing to put him on hte right tract to becoming a better person!

dont let them get away with it. no one has the right to force you out of a job.

Steve,

TheDon has given some v.goog advice. It is defo worth seeing the CAB or a solicitor experienced in employment law.

I went down that avenue a few years ago and the solicitors advice stopped me making a catastrophic mistake.

AFAIK, most will ovver 1/2 hour free consultation with no obligation. My advice would be do this ASAP, then at least you'll know where you stand and what to do.

sorry to hear about your woes mate ;)

if all else fails, im sure mat can muster up a few work colleagues, with their tools of their trade, to shape him up :D

that wont be a problem.................. :shifty:

I am sorry to hear of your problems, i worked for a large telecoms company a few years ago as a supervisor I had 44 staff working for me at one point, we were always made to do courses on tribunal and employment law, even down to interview questions it is quite interesting the simple questions that you cannot ask.

I think you have a good case against your boss but you need to get the upto date advice on where you stand.

I cannot remember the figures but most cases that are taken to tribunal by an employee are won by the employee due to the fact the employer has not documented properly all the meetings and correspondance etc. So make sure that you have documented everything.

I think now is a good time to be starting to build up your own business I have seen notes on here by members saying how good your work is, you are half way there, we were in a simular situation a few years ago and started up D's we have not looked back it's hard work but very rewarding,

My advice is take your company for every penny and then start up your own little empire.

I wish you good luck.