Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rude Boss

If your boss verbal abuses you every single day for any given reason... With remarks that contain swear words etc..... Even in front of your collegues... What can be done ?

What if he is higher then you in the company but he only talks you you that way, not other members of his team ..

Is there a legal term for this like . Malicius verbal abuse or something...

Can anything Legal be done if one was to leave the company because it was too much abuse and too much to take on a daily basis...

Lots you can do.

get a dictaphone to record what he says (hide it in your desk/pocket)

then take that to the MD

or go off with stress citing constant verbal abuse/harrassment

leave claim constructive dismissal thru harrassment (your case weakens if you get another job know this from personal experience)

go off sick..............normal............use time to set up your own business then go back resign & steal all his customers

having seen your work you would not starve...............

mats advice is also sound

id just smack him in the Gob

will soon shut him up, wont help the job but will make you feel dam good

I like that idea best and it will give you the most satisfaction :P ,but will cost you yer job so realy depends on how much you like the job etc .Take your complaint higher if there is such a place if not gather evidence and take the :tsktsk: to court

Just ask him to treat you like he does every other member of the team as you find his attitude disturbing...............OR

Get him on his own and tell him in no uncertain you will not put up with it and any more lip your gonna crack him one,that should do it :winky:....

GIVE ME HIS ADDY AND I'LL DO IT FOR YA :lol::lol:

Just found out that the MD of the company is aware of his Atitude and bad language, and 4 people have already left because of it.

Should make your case easier.

What about writing to the MD saying you will walk if he's not sorted out.

O.k

If one had their proof of this happening and decided to leave the company because they could not take any more of this.... Even after having a chat with the MD about it...

Can anything legally be done ... Is there a benefit for the person who leaves because they are too streesed.

Go off work with stress ,but go to docters first and get proof then you are intitled to sick pay etc were as if you leave you are only intitled to income support etc.also you can not be sacked if you are on sick leave

O.k

If one had their proof of this happening and decided to leave the company because they could not take any more of this.... Even after having a chat with the MD about it...

Can anything legally be done ... Is there a benefit for the person who leaves because they are too streesed.

you need to see a solicitor who is conversant with employment law.

the area is harrasment...........

most solicitors will give u 1/2 hour free interview to see if you have a case.

will anyone sign a witness statement ?

is any abuse racial ?

Lot's of F..

Harsh and abrupt tonal abuse within his language.

Very loud ... even in front of other staff but directed soley at one person.

Could one go even higher then the MD like say..... The Board of Directors since it's a PLC.

horried position to be in .. especially if you enjoy your job and there is a gobby a*****e working in the same place.

I would tell him direct how you feel.. if he gets worse then take it further... at least you have told this guy how you feel.

Before anyone starts saying 'I'll sort him out', we need to take a look from this guys perspective.

Perhaps he's frustrated with his own job and feels the need to take it out on people beneath him. Maybe his wife isn't giving him any at home and is jealous of his younger, more virile underlings? :D

Seriously though - make sure you know who you're dealing with as well. He could be a nasty piece of work!

I had similar situation with my old MD and he treated everyone like a piece of *hit. I didnt stand for it and stood up to him from day one and he never tried again - typical of bullies, there just cowards and pick on people who are weaker (or in the workplace, pick on people who they know cant answer back)

If you leave, I think :question: you can claim constructive dismissal as he has made your working environment in such a way that you have no option than to leave. This would only work if you went to the MD and he didnt change the situation.

Guess you need to formally record your problems - one good way is a week off with stress and a formal (even if you have to assist on it - unsure how your company is structured) return to work interview - at this you explain all your problems and get it formally recorded.

Then I would see how it goes for a couple of weeks to see if anything changes - if not it would be to CAB or No Win - No Fee solicitor to assess legal position.

Do you have an HR Dept. - or even better Occupational Health - these too can be good routes to leave fromal trails in case you need future evidence.

If you knew the fromer employees it would be worth gaining their support too.

Only caution is having an alternative plan if things don't go your way - ensure you do not jeopardise your own position / future.

by the sounds of it your MD does not want to know.. is he just giving you the brush off.. if he is then go higher and explain that the MD is not taking a vested interest in your situation and you are feeling compelled to leave and go to a competitor then to a solicitor..

If your boss verbal abuses you every single day for any given reason... With remarks that contain swear words etc..... Even in front of your collegues... What can be done ?

What if he is higher then you in the company but he only talks you you that way, not other members of his team ..

Is there a legal term for this like . Malicius verbal abuse or something...

Your first port of call is to read the companies rules and regulations.

Follow the internal complaints procedure to the letter.

If that fails, you can resign under something called 'constructive dismissal', which is where you're forced to resign by the company or it's representatives.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links